Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Barclays cards?

tag
NewBuster
Established Member

Re: Multiple Barclays cards?

crjusuf,

I was approved 3 days apart, 11/20/13 for Apple financing card and 11/23 for US Air card.

I was instantly approved for Apple card $2k but received the dreaded 10 notice on the US Air application. I did an immediate recon, called within minutes of the 10 day notice and the analyst said I was declined. I very politely mentioned the circumstances for the additional application but he said sorry and to re-apply in 6 months once the Apple card showed some history.

To my amazement, I received a call back from the analyst within the hour saying he was able to offer me a lower limit of $1k and I would still get the 20k bonus miles!

Also, I was only 6 months post-BK13 discharge.

FICO 8 / EQ 824 / EX 815 / TU 816

Discover $36,000, Capital One $32,500, Chase Bonvoy $30,000, Barclays Arrival+ $34,200, Fidelity Rewards $25,000, AMEX Delta $25,000, AMEX Bonvoy $25,000, AMEX Platinum $$$
Message 11 of 17
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@NewBuster wrote:

crjusuf,

I was approved 3 days apart, 11/20/13 for Apple financing card and 11/23 for US Air card.

I was instantly approved for Apple card $2k but received the dreaded 10 notice on the US Air application. I did an immediate recon, called within minutes of the 10 day notice and the analyst said I was declined. I very politely mentioned the circumstances for the additional application but he said sorry and to re-apply in 6 months once the Apple card showed some history.

To my amazement, I received a call back from the analyst within the hour saying he was able to offer me a lower limit of $1k and I would still get the 20k bonus miles!

love it!

Message 12 of 17
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@GetTheFico wrote:

I was approved for the Arrival and Sallie Mae within two months of each other earlier this year.

I was approved for an AmEx in-between those two apps.

Same here - approved for Sallie Mae then less than two months later apped for Arrival. Had like 5 TU Inqs within the month I apped for Arrival.

Message 13 of 17
elim
Senior Contributor

hrmmmm, i'm starting to get an itchy trigger finger. congrats!

Message 14 of 17
elim
Senior Contributor

op, please keep us posted on the US Airways app if you apply. i might just do the same. Good Luck!  :]

Message 15 of 17
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@NewBuster wrote:

crjusuf,

Good to know.

I am interested in a 2nd Barclay card... Had the Apple for 9 months.

But... I'm gardening right now and not in any rush so I'll wait.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 16 of 17
crjusaf
Established Member

@elim wrote:

op, please keep us posted on the US Airways app if you apply. i might just do the same. Good Luck!  :]

Thanks for the info folks, I've put about $4500 in spend over the past three months onmy arrival.  I figure I'll give it one more month with decent spend before apping, but I'll keep you posted.

By the way, some folks mentioned being SP'd every month by Barclays...my guess would be that this is how they provide the monthly FICO scores.  I've had the same experience since Discover started putting FICOs on the monthly statements.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.