Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Barlcay Cards

tag
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Re: Multiple Barlcay Cards

I am not interested in churning bonuses.  The SM card is perfectly in ilne with my spending it would allow me to use their cards for the majority of my purchases.  If I have to recon I have a very sound business reason for them to approve me (I would put all of my spending on their cards).  I've PIF before the due date on the priceline card.  I belive I have a very good shot at approval.  I want to see if I can get them to approve me for world mastercard.  I'll update the thread come may when I take the plunge.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 11 of 14
andre181
Established Contributor

I've had the priceline card for 3 months and just tonight applied for the Sallie Mae card. I got the 7-10 day message. 

I'm going to call the backdoor number in the morning. I really just want to split the $6k line I have on the Priceline card to $4k on Priceline and $2k on Sallie Mae, but they might not go for that since its a World MC, it might need a $5k line. Maybe they'll give me the extra CL, but who knows. 

Like the OP, with these 2 cards, most of my spending will be with Barclays.

I'll update what happens.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 12 of 14
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

I got two Barclay cards a month apart but I wouldn't recommend trying that.  I had applied for their Apple card because I was thinking about purchasing an Apple product and got a $1400 limit.  A month later, I applied for their USAir card because USAir is the only airline that flies out of my small local airport and got $3500.  When I apped, I actually didn't realize that Barclay's backed it or I probably would have waited.  I never got the Apple product, so about two months after getting the USAir card, I called them to have the $1400 from the Apple card transferred to the USAir card and to close the Apple card, which they did.  I think waiting at least 6 months is ideal for them.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 13 of 14
andre181
Established Contributor

@andre181 wrote:

I've had the priceline card for 3 months and just tonight applied for the Sallie Mae card. I got the 7-10 day message. 

I'm going to call the backdoor number in the morning. I really just want to split the $6k line I have on the Priceline card to $4k on Priceline and $2k on Sallie Mae, but they might not go for that since its a World MC, it might need a $5k line. Maybe they'll give me the extra CL, but who knows. 

Like the OP, with these 2 cards, most of my spending will be with Barclays.

I'll update what happens.

I just thought I'd update y'all.

I just called and the backdoor rep was super nice. She approved the app for the Sallie Mae card no problems. No limit moving or anything. And it was approved for $5k! She did mention that normally "We have a 6 month waiting period between applications, but since you've handled your credit well..."

Bank of America is gonna be mad at me now that I have a new gas card. Smiley Very Happy

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.