Established Contributor
zyzzus

Re: Multiple Barlcay Cards

I am not interested in churning bonuses.  The SM card is perfectly in ilne with my spending it would allow me to use their cards for the majority of my purchases.  If I have to recon I have a very sound business reason for them to approve me (I would put all of my spending on their cards).  I've PIF before the due date on the priceline card.  I belive I have a very good shot at approval.  I want to see if I can get them to approve me for world mastercard.  I'll update the thread come may when I take the plunge.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,000 (Thanks Cap1 Executive Office <3) | Chase Freedom - $7,100 | Chase Amazon -$1,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 (I know what an odd limit) | Fidelity Amex -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000 | Walmart $15,000 | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $7,500 | Amex EveryDay - $10,000  | Citi DoubleCash - $15,000

Established Contributor
andre181

I've had the priceline card for 3 months and just tonight applied for the Sallie Mae card. I got the 7-10 day message. 

I'm going to call the backdoor number in the morning. I really just want to split the $6k line I have on the Priceline card to $4k on Priceline and $2k on Sallie Mae, but they might not go for that since its a World MC, it might need a $5k line. Maybe they'll give me the extra CL, but who knows. 

Like the OP, with these 2 cards, most of my spending will be with Barclays.

I'll update what happens.

Discover IT $25K | FNBO Visa $22K | Citi Forward $14.5K | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $15K | Priceline/Barclays $10K | Chase Freedom $10.5K | Amazon/Chase Visa Sig $8.3k | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Sallie Mae World MC/Barclays $5K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | Commerce Bank $5K | WF Cash Back Visa $3.6K | Amazon/GEMB $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | AMEX BCE $2K Target $1K | AMEX Green
EX FICO (from AMEX): 754, TU08 FICO (from Discover): 755, AAoA: 3.6 years
Frequent Contributor
kimmiller112

I got two Barclay cards a month apart but I wouldn't recommend trying that.  I had applied for their Apple card because I was thinking about purchasing an Apple product and got a $1400 limit.  A month later, I applied for their USAir card because USAir is the only airline that flies out of my small local airport and got $3500.  When I apped, I actually didn't realize that Barclay's backed it or I probably would have waited.  I never got the Apple product, so about two months after getting the USAir card, I called them to have the $1400 from the Apple card transferred to the USAir card and to close the Apple card, which they did.  I think waiting at least 6 months is ideal for them.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $5000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Established Contributor
andre181

andre181 wrote:

I've had the priceline card for 3 months and just tonight applied for the Sallie Mae card. I got the 7-10 day message. 

I'm going to call the backdoor number in the morning. I really just want to split the $6k line I have on the Priceline card to $4k on Priceline and $2k on Sallie Mae, but they might not go for that since its a World MC, it might need a $5k line. Maybe they'll give me the extra CL, but who knows. 

Like the OP, with these 2 cards, most of my spending will be with Barclays.

I'll update what happens.

I just thought I'd update y'all.

I just called and the backdoor rep was super nice. She approved the app for the Sallie Mae card no problems. No limit moving or anything. And it was approved for $5k! She did mention that normally "We have a 6 month waiting period between applications, but since you've handled your credit well..."

Bank of America is gonna be mad at me now that I have a new gas card. :smileyvery-happy:

Discover IT $25K | FNBO Visa $22K | Citi Forward $14.5K | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $15K | Priceline/Barclays $10K | Chase Freedom $10.5K | Amazon/Chase Visa Sig $8.3k | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Sallie Mae World MC/Barclays $5K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | Commerce Bank $5K | WF Cash Back Visa $3.6K | Amazon/GEMB $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | AMEX BCE $2K Target $1K | AMEX Green
EX FICO (from AMEX): 754, TU08 FICO (from Discover): 755, AAoA: 3.6 years

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}