cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Businesses Financed by GE Capital...

tag
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

Multiple Businesses Financed by GE Capital...

So, I knew of the big boys(Wal-Mart, Amazon, Rooms to Go) that financing is possible through GERCB.

Well, looking on their site, I've found many local places that offer financing through GERCB.

https://businesscenter.gogecapital.com/DealerLocator/DealerSearch.do

So, If I have an account with them already, say through Amazon, it shouldn't be an issue to get approved through my local auto shop or furniture store that offers financing through GE Capital, correct? People say once you have your foot in the door with them, it's easier to get approved, like with AMEX.

Are there any pro's/con's to financing such as this?

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Eschaton
Regular Contributor

Re: Multiple Businesses Financed by GE Capital...

I looked at this link awhile back

http://www.gecapital.com/en/our-company/retail-partners.html

I was trying to find a card that I could use where I shop frequently - but none I found were places I go often enough. Banana Republic would be one, but we don't have any locally and they are a little bit on the pricy side for me (need a new job asap!). 

Capital One Journey (12/2010) $750 | Chase Freedom (03/2012) $3500 | American Express Zync (03/2012) NSPL | Amazon Prime (08/2018) $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred (10/2018) $8000 | Bank of America Cash Reward 10/2018 $8000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited 06/2019 $2700

Experian score: 793 (9/2018)
Message 2 of 12
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

GE does NOT give preferential treatment to those who already have a CC from them.

However, most GE accounts have similar approval criteria. So if have say Amazon account, you should have no problem getting a Walmart card.

Message 3 of 12
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

GE does NOT give preferential treatment to those who already have a CC from them.

However, most GE accounts have similar approval criteria. So if have say Amazon account, you should have no problem getting a Walmart card.

Wow..That's contradictory to almost to the majority of postings I've seen(Including a recent posting of when a member included a GE backed card in his bankruptcy and couldn't get a single GE financed card, post-bankruptcy, stated he had been blacklisted)...and your second statement isn't relevant to what I was speaking of in particular...I meant the local places...

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 4 of 12
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

Wow..That's contradictory to almost to the majority of postings I've seen(Including a recent posting of when a member included a GE backed card in his bankruptcy and couldn't get a single GE financed card, post-bankruptcy, stated he had been blacklisted)...and your second statement isn't relevant to what I was speaking of in particular...I meant the local places...

What I said is what I mean. If you already have a GE account (be it a GE CC or installment loan), you have a good chance of getting a "local" financial account backed by GE because GE uses very similar approval standard. Roughly the same standard in a local B&M store and in Amazon.

GE does NOT do preferential treatment like AMEX does (GE does NOT weigh your existing GE history more). However, if you burned GE before, GE DOES remember you. GE DOES blacklist you.

Blacklist has nothing to do with preferential treatment. AMEX does blacklist. Chase does blacklist. Every lender has a blacklist at their disposal.

Message 5 of 12
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

If you have a good/no relationship with GECRB, I think your scores could get you in with JCP, Old Navy, Walmart

@JusdoNit wrote:

Since GE is letting you in you might want to eventually try for the TJX (Marshalls, tj maxx, homgoods) card so you can shop for all and only have one monthly payment for clothing and other needed items.

@casmith1980 wrote:

So...since I'm far more responsible and financially mature - I'd like to open a GE backed card so I can get in their good graces again.

Like I said, contradictory to other posts...looking for other input...

Message 6 of 12
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

I'm puzzled, how is it contradictory to what I've just said? Smiley Indifferent

Message 7 of 12
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Last year, I got my first GE card, Old Navy $200 CL. I got subsequent CLIs with them. In Nov, I got a Walmart cc with $300 CL. GE didn't approve me for Walmart because I had an old navy card. In fact, my Walmart CL was much lower than my ON CL at that point ($1000 if memory serves.) GE doesn't give preferential treatment to someone because they have a GE acct. The posts you're referring to generally mean that since GE has already approved you for X credit card, they will likely approve you for Y card as well, since you meet their criteria for approval.

GE will pull your CR and base their decision on your current cr and FICO. Of course, if you have burned them and are blacklisted, that is a different story.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 8 of 12
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

I just want to throw this into the fire:

When I called to raise my lowes limit from 3k to 5k after approval, I told the credit analyst hhgregg had recently approved me for 5k (also a GE backed card) because I was going to make a purchase with them but found a better deal at lowes. She then had me on hold for a minute and said congratulations your new cl is 5k and you can go make your purchase at lowes without your card if you want so you don't have to wait for the card to arrive.

Maybe it was competency, maybe preferred treatment to a regular customer, or just got lucky and hit the right spot with them but I do think they value your history with them.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 9 of 12
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

Mr Media wrote:

Its true that once your in the GE family, approvals are easier. Each program is different though, and limits/card types and such will vary some from vendor to vendor.

Because you're not stating anything concrete, and multiple people have agreed what I am saying...

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.