Did you mean: 

Multiple CC payments - Amex & Chase

tag
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Multiple CC payments - Amex & Chase

@ezdoesit wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I've made four payments on BCE this month and two on Delta Gold.
They don't care so far lol it's hard to make sure the balance stays at zero for statement cutting time! Ugh

Just wondering why you say the balance needs to be zero for statement cutting.  Is this opinion or personal experience.  I don't understand why they would care either way as long as you pay them.  Granted I haven't had my PRG that long once I paid to zero before statement cut and this month I will pay the 4k balance the day after.  If they AA me then be it I have four other cards that would be happy to take my 3-4k monthly spend. 

The lender doesn't care that you report a $0 balance.  He's just trying to control what reports to the CRAs so he can control his utilization.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
vagrants
Regular Contributor

Just don't go over your CL, for example, you have a CL of $1k and have a total charge of $800. You pay $500 and charge $300...this kind of thing seems to create ill-effects no matter what CCCs, generally speaking.

AMEX Cash Rebate (this isn't Costco, older version of Blue Cash), AMEX Blue Cash, AMEX BCP, AMEX SPG (personal), Barclay Sallie Mae Plat MC, BBVA Compass NBA AMEX (No AF), Capital One QuickSilver VISA Sig, Capital One QuickSilver World MC, 2x Chase Freedom VISA Sig, Chase Ink Bold World Elite MC, Citi Dividend AMEX/World MC, Citi Double Cash, Citi Hilton VISA Sig, Discover More, Discover It, Fidelity AMEX, Huntington Voice World MC, MyPoints Rewards VISA, 2x US Bank Cash+ VISA Sig
Message 12 of 14
WolfMan
Regular Contributor

I pay in full every friday, neither AMEX or Chase has had an issue. 

Chase actucally rewarded me with a small auto CLI a few months ago. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 14
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I always pay my cc's at least twice a month and so far I have never had any problems. Cat Very Happy

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.