cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Cards Approved !!

Established Contributor

Re: Multiple Cards Approved !!


Repo-ed wrote:

Nice work on the dual-browser!


Hey Repo, what is the dual-browser action all about?


border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 11 of 17
New Contributor

Re: Multiple Cards Approved !!

Citi AAdvantage Visa Sig CL = $11,500 

Cit AAdvantage Amex CL = $9,000              ------> 2 browser

 

I did the same 2 browser trick and was given an $11,000 CL on the Visa Sig and $12,000 on the AMEX. I find it odd that applying for the same product (AAdvantage) from the same bank (Citi) would result in two different CLs. In my case, they pulled the same report (Equifax) and it only counted as a single inquiry.

 

I assume you used the link offering 50,000 miles + $100 statement credit on each card. If not, you should ask for it when you activate the cards. I hear that Citi will give you the promotion even if you applied with the standard link.

Message 12 of 17
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Multiple Cards Approved !!


Koop10010 wrote:

2NE1 wrote:
Are you confessing that you applied for all these CCs without her consent?

I'd be upset if my spouse applied to CCs with my SSN without telling me, just MHO.

That's what it reads like to me as well.  I would be very upset if anyone ever opened a credit card with my name and social without my explicit consent.  I also wouldn't open accounts for someone else, especially if I knew they didn't want any more cards.  That just seems like a bad call to me.


Agree.   My husband is kind of like your wife.  doesn't want a lot of cards, he doesn't need them. I did convince him to apply for NFCU Platinum, because I knew it would help him rebuiding. but, it took convincing. I would never have just applied using his info. IMHO that would be a violation of trust. Also, he and I were at the computer together filling out the application.


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
Regular Contributor

Re: Multiple Cards Approved !!


jason10 wrote:

Citi AAdvantage Visa Sig CL = $11,500 

Cit AAdvantage Amex CL = $9,000              ------> 2 browser

 

I did the same 2 browser trick and was given an $11,000 CL on the Visa Sig and $12,000 on the AMEX. I find it odd that applying for the same product (AAdvantage) from the same bank (Citi) would result in two different CLs. In my case, they pulled the same report (Equifax) and it only counted as a single inquiry.

 

I assume you used the link offering 50,000 miles + $100 statement credit on each card. If not, you should ask for it when you activate the cards. I hear that Citi will give you the promotion even if you applied with the standard link.


Yup it was confirmed after the wife made the call to Citi. She did not ask for a higher CL either as it seems sufficient for her needs. It is going to be perfect timing as we have bookings on AA coming along for our summer vacation Smiley Happy. Funny thing is out of all the applications we filled out, I was annoyed at the stingy limits of Discover and that was the one she liked most as it gave her the option to set a PIN for cash advance during application stage itself rather than an automated random PIN that other cards normally do. The DCU CLI was the most time consuming as she was put on hold for a long time after the interview which was also long(ish). They are our primary bank too with direct deposits from both of us etc so the lower CLI was a little disappointing. It is understandable in a sort of way because DCU wanted us to diversify for risk sharing.

 

Folks who could not understand the sense of humor, sorry for any confusion. You could have also taken a different approach to asking me the question rather than flat out juding the situation behind a keyboard for yourself. It is not like I am questioning your personal or marital problems here Smiley Mad I have been registered on these forums longer than you have, so I would know a thing or two about the situation. The next holier-than-thou should move on to another thread.

 

This thread was meant to share excitement and discuss with folks who might be in a similar situation of applying for cards, share startegies, discuss opitions of the cards etc. If you do not have anything positive to add to the discussion, there are other threads where you can participate.

Message 14 of 17
Super Contributor

Re: Multiple Cards Approved !!


MustangSaluki wrote:

Here is the kicker. After all this I told her about the approvals and reaction was "Why do you do all this, I don't need credit cards" Smiley Mad



 I replaced the U-Verse TV portion with DirecTV so DW could get more Korean channels.  It was also much cheaper.  The only thing she said aftert then install was she now  needed to get use to a new remote, also in jest (I think/hope).

 

I feel you pain.  All DH's do.

10/17/2017 FICO: EQ 829 TU 830 EX 826
Message 15 of 17
Regular Contributor

Re: Multiple Cards Approved !!


marty56 wrote:

MustangSaluki wrote:

Here is the kicker. After all this I told her about the approvals and reaction was "Why do you do all this, I don't need credit cards" Smiley Mad



 I replaced the U-Verse TV portion with DirecTV so DW could get more Korean channels.  It was also much cheaper.  The only thing she said aftert then install was she now she needed to get use to a new remote also in jest (I think/hope).

 

I feel you pain.  All DH's do.


Haha another similar situation here. Dumped dishnetwork in favor of TWC for aggressive price cuts, it has been 2 weeks + and she still lets me hear about the learning curve with the remotes/systems Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 17
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Multiple Cards Approved !!


MustangSaluki wrote:

 

Folks who could not understand the sense of humor, sorry for any confusion. You could have also taken a different approach to asking me the question rather than flat out juding the situation behind a keyboard for yourself. It is not like I am questioning your personal or marital problems here Smiley Mad I have been registered on these forums longer than you have, so I would know a thing or two about the situation. The next holier-than-thou should move on to another thread.

 

This thread was meant to share excitement and discuss with folks who might be in a similar situation of applying for cards, share startegies, discuss opitions of the cards etc. If you do not have anything positive to add to the discussion, there are other threads where you can participate.


 

I'm glad that my first impression was incorrect, so congratulations to you and your wife on the approvals.  However, humor often doesn't translate when typed, so based on the information I had, my interpretation of what you typed was logical.  My judgement based on that interpretation was also valid, because that would have been a bad situation.  I'm sorry you seem to have gotten offended, but I'll always give my honest opinion whether or not it's "positive" because people need to hear the truth, whether or not they want to.  I'm just glad that my first interpretation was wrong, so my judgement doesn't apply.  One last thing, you may want to watch yourself, because the part where I quoted, you sound awful "holier-than-thou" yourself.

FICOs (2/24/12): EX 752, EQ 740
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom; American Express PR Gold, Blue Cash Everyday
Message 17 of 17