Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Chase recon attempts (CSP) UPDATED EXECUTIVE OFFICE PART 2

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Multiple Chase recon attempts (CSP)

Revelate wrote:
Maiden: I'd check your other reports if you haven't honestly; what you describe would be highly irregular behavior and Chase is pretty well known not only to make HP's but also to pull different bureas for repeated applications (which makes a lot of sense actually).

You may have just gotten lucky, but even any lender's internal score approval is still going to lodge an inquiry for a new card. Sure they color outside the lines on SP CLI's but to not pull on a first approval, lottery-winner rare.

I checked my CR a week after applying for the cards. I only have HP on Experian. No other HPs. Chase used an internal score for my first application according to the sheet they mailed with the card. It was only after my second application for another card in their line-up that they pulled my credit. I don't think my situation is unique. Both cards were approved with only one HP from the same bank.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 21 of 51
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Re: Multiple Chase recon attempts (CSP)

I can validate Maiden_girls claim. I got approved for the Chase Hyatt and the CSP with only 1 hard pull. Chase in general has just been awesome with me. I don't even want to get into the fiasco known as Barclay... but that is for another day. I got approved instantly for both, but I have heard Chase has a lenient recon team So you may have a shot.

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 22 of 51
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: Multiple Chase recon attempts (CSP) UPDATED EXECUTIVE OFFICE

UPDATE: thanks to a member of these forums I was able to get the number for an Executive Chase office. The lady gave me 10 whole minutes to plead my case. I was told I should hear from her by the end of the day so I will let you guys know as soon as I know. It really helped that 18 of my inquiries were from only 4 institutions so it made it look a lot less worse. Cross your fingers.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 23 of 51
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Jlu wrote:

UPDATE: thanks to a member of these forums I was able to get the number for an Executive Chase office. The lady gave me 10 whole minutes to plead my case. I was told I should hear from her by the end of the day so I will let you guys know as soon as I know. It really helped that 18 of my inquiries were from only 4 institutions so it made it look a lot less worse. Cross your fingers.

Good Luck!!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 24 of 51
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Good luck Jlu!
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 25 of 51
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

Smiley Surprised

You got this!

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 26 of 51
swpopham
Established Contributor

Im sorry but I gotta be the ass of the board! Smiley Happy unless duncan wants to jump in, haha just kidding. Anyways. If you dont get it this time I would back off and chill, in your previous posts you said you jumped too early for all of these card applications. I think you should take the punshiment for being stupid, not an insult just saying. We all take hell mary shots but dont complain when you miss from the half court line. I love helping people out, but going after cards everymonth is going to do more harm then good. When you go to apply again even in 2 years, chase, citi, amex etc.... are going to look at previous pulls and say hey the cycle of apping again and again is starting up. We dont want no part of this... If the economy gets worse everything will get tighter, id rather push my luck when I need it.

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 27 of 51
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

What's the verdict?  Smiley Tongue

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 28 of 51
Jlu
Established Contributor

No word yet. She said tomorrow would be the latest I should expect a verdict.
AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 29 of 51
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

@Jlu wrote:
No word yet. She said tomorrow would be the latest I should expect a verdict.

hey are your 20 INQs from within 12 months or total?

Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.