Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Chase recon attempts (CSP) UPDATED EXECUTIVE OFFICE PART 2

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Re: Multiple Chase recon attempts (CSP) UPDATED EXECUTIVE OFFICEG

Good luck on this.  I've found that the XO folks at Chase are extremely friendly and helpful, and they truly will do everything they can to get you what you want.  Citi XO on the other hand....

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 31 of 51
djrez4
Established Contributor

They absolutely are good at customer service.  But, sometimes even they can't do anything.

You're taking the right path.  Don't be dissapointed if they can't help you, though.

Message 32 of 51
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@djrez4 wrote:

They absolutely are good at customer service.  But, sometimes even they can't do anything.

You're taking the right path.  Don't be dissapointed if they can't help you, though.

True. I went this same route and she still said that I would have to move limits around to get approved. Every situation is different though, so good luck Jlu.

Message 33 of 51
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Re: Multiple Chase recon attempts (CSP) UPDATED EXECUTIVE OFFICE

I spoke with an exec office woman on Friday about a PC to my Southwest card to the CSP and she I need to app online and then call her back after I did that.

I apped for the CSP and the Ink Bold on 10-20.  Spoke to the same nice lady on Monday in the Exec Office and she siad she would review and get back to me. She did get back to me and asked if I would close my Southwest Card to get the CSP and I said if Ihave I would but would prefer not to. She asked some other questions and was concerned with the 8 Inq's I had, in the last 12 months. Two from Chase, two from BofA and two from Wells.  Those inq's were all more than six months.  She did notice that I have a few new accounts within the last 7 months.  Right now I have over 45k of availible credit on 8 cards, but just one with a about a 5k balance.

I told her having a chase card with only 3500 CL was just not that useful and that 30% utl is only 1k, and that I always keep balances low for utl.

I was supposed to get a repsonse on tues from her, but still have not.  They did the HP(EXP) for each app on 10-20 and then multiple softs on 10-22 and 10-23.

I am just waiting to see.  I really want a MC World.....

Wish me luck too....

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 34 of 51
Jlu
Established Contributor

Alright so not the best news and not the worst news. The offer was this:

They are willing to approve the CSP but it would require me to close the JPM Select - my prized card.

What should I do? The CSP is obviously better in terms of rewards, sign up bonus, utilization, 7% dividend etc but then again the JPM Select is better for chip&sig, hidden T/L, lower APR and the prestige factor of a JP Morgan card.

I'm torn.

They gave me 24 hours to decide.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 35 of 51
melbaro
New Contributor

Will the CSP get the full $9000 limit? It doesn't make sense that they didn't offer to move 4k from JPM and 1K from Freedom to keep your overall limit with Chase the same. I would keep the JPM considering how hard it is to get now. Just app for the CSP in 6 months to a year if that is their only offer.

Message 36 of 51
adavis425
Established Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

Alright so not the best news and not the worst news. The offer was this:

They are willing to approve the CSP but it would require me to close the JPM Select - my prized card.

What should I do? The CSP is obviously better in terms of rewards, sign up bonus, utilization, 7% dividend etc but then again the JPM Select is better for chip&sig, hidden T/L, lower APR and the prestige factor of a JP Morgan card.

I'm torn.

They gave me 24 hours to decide.

They are both Visa Signature cards and APR doesn't matter unless you carry a balance. I'd have to go with the CSP. You'll still gets lots of looks and comments on the metal card.Smiley Tongue

Edited for spelling.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 37 of 51
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Unless you  carry a balance, I would not be too concerned about the lower rate or that is does not show up on reports. Did you offer to lower the credit limits on both cards to make up the $5000 needed? The JP Morgan Select may be the ugliest card I have ever seen. I can not stand the color brown at all.

Message 38 of 51
n777ua
Established Contributor

Keep the JPM, re-app for the CSP when some inq's fall off

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 39 of 51
YahComb
Established Contributor

did you offer to move a portion of your JPM credit line, maybe 2 or 3 or 4K to get approved for the CSP. It looks like your bumping against exposure limit wall(they dont want to give you 16K in total limits right now). Not surprising considering every non-chase card you have is at 1500 or lower limits right now.

I agree with most, if you have to choose between cards, pick the CSP. Or just wait and let some inqs age, try to get a few decent CLIS, and then go for CSP again. But at least haggle with them a little bit and see if they will be willing to move a few thousand off your JPM before you make either of those decisions.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.