Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Chase recon attempts (CSP) UPDATED EXECUTIVE OFFICE PART 2

tag
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: Multiple Chase recon attempts (CSP) UPDATED EXECUTIVE OFFICE

Screw it guys.

I think I'm gonna do it. 40,000 bonus UR points plus a 7% dividend and the addition of a 2x 'dining' category is too much to pass up. Plus I mean all things being equal, the CSP is a pretty cool looking card being that it is metal and all that jazz. I'm going to miss having a direct line to the JP Morgan executive office on the back of my card though...

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 41 of 51
djrez4
Established Contributor

But you gain the direct line to CSP service, which is pretty darn good.  No phone menu - just directly to a live person.  They'll treat you right.  

Except Antonio.  He was a flippin' moron.

Are you sure they won't let you move $4k from the Select and $1k from the Freedom?  Exposure stays the same that way.

Message 42 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it were me, I think I would reject the offer than reapply for the CSP after 12 months have past.  

Message 43 of 51
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If it were me, I think I would reject the offer than reapply for the CSP after 12 months have past.  

I agree with this. Unless you can move 4k from JP morgan and 1k from freedom.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 44 of 51
Jlu
Established Contributor

They wouldn't budge on keeping both the JPM Select and CSP. Guys, I have a 650-670 FICO and if it wasn't for me having a Chase checking account with over $10k in direct deposits a month I wouldn't even get this offer.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 45 of 51
YahComb
Established Contributor

so you told them youd be willing to have you limits reduced on other cards to make room for the CSP, and they still said no way?

Well it was worth a shot. If you're that hell bent on getting the CSP, then make the swtich. If you dont really need it this instant, i say let some of your inqs age for 6 or so months and give it another go. Could you get down to a point where you're at least under 10 inqs within 6 months?

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 46 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you truly cherish your JP Select, then reject the offer. CSP will always have UR sign up bonuses and will probably always be metal. There is no guarantee you will get a JP Select again, so you might as well keep that and worry about the CSP when your score improves which is naturally should. Just my 2 cents.

Message 47 of 51
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

So what's the verdict? Are you going for it?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 48 of 51
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

Well,

Finally I got Executive Office to approve the CSP.  They wanted me to close my Southwest Card and I said no.  I offered to move some of the Marriott Sig Visa limit over for the CSP and got her to say yes.  They did not extend any additional credit at this time as I have about 30k of new credit in the last 7 months and Inquiries on Experian.

I froze my Experian file to prevent me or others from pulling Hards....  This will keep me in line for a few months.

I opted for the MC Version, mainly because Sams Club does not take Visa.

I logged in to my accout today and BAM>>>>>>  the CSP is there.  

I am going to the garden for awhile now.

Thank you all for your adivce on this board....

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 49 of 51
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

Well,

Finally I got Executive Office to approve the CSP.  They wanted me to close my Southwest Card and I said no.  I offered to move some of the Marriott Sig Visa limit over for the CSP and got her to say yes.  They did not extend any additional credit at this time as I have about 30k of new credit in the last 7 months and Inquiries on Experian.

I froze my Experian file to prevent me or others from pulling Hards....  This will keep me in line for a few months.

I opted for the MC Version, mainly because Sams Club does not take Visa.

I logged in to my accout today and BAM>>>>>>  the CSP is there.  

I am going to the garden for awhile now.

Thank you all for your adivce on this board....

Wow! I've never heard of a lender doing this!! So they didn't even extend you any new credit at all?? They just opened a new account and moved some of your credit limit over from another account and called it a new line? WOWOWOW!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 50 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.