Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Chase recon attempts (CSP) UPDATED EXECUTIVE OFFICE PART 2

tag
Jlu
Established Contributor

Multiple Chase recon attempts (CSP) UPDATED EXECUTIVE OFFICE PART 2

I jumped the gun and apped for the CSP last night. I got the 7-10 message - no surprise there. I waited until this afternoon to call the backdoor number to see what the status was. The analyst cited high inquiries as my only negative. He also States that without Chase my highest limit would be 1500 from Discover. At this point I said thanks for your help, I never asked for a recon and he didn't offer. 

Tonight after dinner I call the backdoor number again to plead my case except this time I asked for a recon. He was citing nothing but high inquiries the whole time. I ask for a recon and he places me on hold for 3 to 5 minutes. He does not have the good news that I am used to hearing. He basically told me that my 20+ inquiries were hurting my chances of an approval. So I thanked him for his consideration and promptly hung up the phone. 

Now, I've heard of people calling and calling and calling until they get an approval. I don't want to be that guy. I do not however want to waste an inquiry. 

Can you guys talk me into calling once more tomorrow and possibly give me some tips for explaining away inquiries? They are all non-morgage and non-auto loan inquiries. A lot from damn Cap and the 3-bureau CLI requests

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50
Eschaton
Regular Contributor

Re: Multiple Chase recon attempts (CSP)

I don't want to burst your bubble here.

Chase only pulls one CRA, that means you have 20 inquiries on whichever agency they pulled from. They pulled Experian for me (and most people it seems like), but Equifax pulls are quite common also. While Capital One does pull all three agency, it's one hit on each.. not all three on the same one.

That, and CSP minimum is a $5000 CL, odds of you getting approved are fairly astronomical if your highest limit at this point is $1500. 

I don't know if you want to attempt a recon after hearing that, but since you took the hit, you may as well attempt it one more time.

EDIT: Wait, you have a $9000 limit on one card, I would definitely bring that up,  Definately would not hurt to attempt a recon. But 20 inquiries is a lot nonetheless.

EDIT Again >.>: He speciflly said that besides Chase, thie highest would be $1500? That's peciular.. I'm no expert, maybe someone else could chime in here with their experiences with Chase recon. I personally reconn'ed twice for the Freedom, they didn't give me a specific reason why I was denied the first time around though. 

Capital One Journey (12/2010) $750 | Chase Freedom (03/2012) $3500 | American Express Zync (03/2012) NSPL | Amazon Prime (08/2018) $6000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred (10/2018) $8000 | Bank of America Cash Reward 10/2018 $8000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited 06/2019 $2700

Experian score: 793 (9/2018)
Message 2 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase pulled two on me. EX and EQ

Message 3 of 51
ceejx
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase pulled two on me. EX and EQ

Chase Freedom App: EQ

Chase Sapphire App: EX (2 days later)

Message 4 of 51
Jlu
Established Contributor

Thanks for the advice guys. IF SOMEONE has a number or name other than the main recon number listed on the backdoor thread a PM would greatly be appreciated. The CSP is the last and final card that will finish off my lineup so I do really want it. Thus I'm willing to devote a decent amount of time to securing an approval. 

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 5 of 51
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I rang three times and no go unless I moved credit which I did not want to do, so I missed the $500 Smiley Sad. Anyway, you could try lowering the JP Morgan Select to 5000 and the Freedom to 1000; that would make up the 5000 needed to obtain the Chase Sapphire Preferred.

I think it really weird that the inquiries reason varies so much. I have a lot and have never really had a problem with getting a card or an increase because of them.

Message 6 of 51
n777ua
Established Contributor

Just remember, every time you have an encounter its noted.  They'll see that you've called twice and were specifically denied once.  I guess 3 times calling isn't extreme, but if you do call again and get denied, I'd leave it alone.  Its also possible (although unlikely) they'll snoop around and maybe not like what they see, and in addition to your CSP denial, you'll get an unwelcome CLD. (Not saying its likely at all, but whenever you get someone manually reviewing reports this is possible)

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 7 of 51
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Pulled eq&exp for me. Took me two recons to get approved for a $5k Chase Freedom :-) 20+ inqs is a heck of a lot :-/
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 51
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Pulled eq&exp for me. Took me two recons to get approved for a $5k Chase Freedom :-) 20+ inqs is a heck of a lot :-/
You really should wait until those INQs wear off. 20 is way too high and I don't think they'll budge on that.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 9 of 51
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Chase didn't pull my credit initially and I applied for 2 chase cards a few days behind each other. On my CR, I only have one inquiry. The first card I applied for, no pull. The second, a hard pull. It was really weird. Chase used an internal scoring system the first time around. I think its all YMMV kind of thing. They pulled Experian for me.

I would call Chase up again and request another recon. Explain the reason for all the inquires and pray! Don't take a HP for nothing!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 10 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.