Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple FNBO Cards?

tag
vpae
Established Contributor

Multiple FNBO Cards?

Hi everyone,

I was searching around on the net and on the forums here but I couldn't find this question asked.

Does anyone have more than one Card from FNBO? I currently have the Visa Signature and thought about getting a MC or Amex version of the card. They have been so generous CL and SP CLI wise and I just found out (while search for this question) that they give a free FICO score too. Nice!

Just curious if someone has two cards from FNBO and if so, what the CL is like on the cards. I currently have a 20K CL and I don't know how much more they would extend me or if they are like Chase and is easy going about moving CL around.

Thanks!

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Multiple FNBO Cards?

Yes, 2nd card was offered pre approved after having first card 8 months. Both started at 1500, the older is at 11.5, the 2nd just passed 1 yr and sits at 1900, I have never used it for a single purchase and only used it as a BT card for the 0% 1 yr. Their AMEX has the best rewards that is the first card I got, the 2nd is their discover whose rewards structure is useless.

Message 2 of 8
vpae
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Yes, 2nd card was offered pre approved after having first card 8 months. Both started at 1500, the older is at 11.5, the 2nd just passed 1 yr and sits at 1900, I have never used it for a single purchase and only used it as a BT card for the 0% 1 yr. Their AMEX has the best rewards that is the first card I got, the 2nd is their discover whose rewards structure is useless.

Oh awesome! thanks for replying. I don't use my card for puchases either, it's been BT almost every time. 

Have you bothered with calling in and getting CLIs on both cards? I've gotten an auto CLI and then multiple CLI by calling via a SP.

I might call them and ask if they have the ability to move CLs. Does anyone have a backdoor or Credit Analyst number for FNBO?

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried a request to obtain an FNBO Amex (no annual fee) through the EO. Explained they could utilize CL from the FNBO Discover Card (useless). They sent a letter stating their licensing agreement aith American Express would not allow them to issue me an FNBO Amex since I was outside there bank service area. Originally, I was pre-qualified for their Bucksback Visa and later upgraded to their Vision Visa Signature and offered a pre-screened opportunity for the FNBO Discover Card. Thus two cards. As we all know their FNBO Discover rewards are not competitive in today's rewards market place. So, I wanted to try and move to the FNBO Amex. No go from the credit card president's office. As a note, when they pre-screened me they were not marketing to their bank service area (US wide then).

Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@vpae wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Oh awesome! thanks for replying. I don't use my card for puchases either, it's been BT almost every time. 

Have you bothered with calling in and getting CLIs on both cards? Yes its how my Amex has made it to 11.5K, I called on the Discover and there were no pre-app offers for a CLI and I wont take HPs for CLIs only for opening new accounts.

I've gotten an auto CLI and then multiple CLI by calling via a SP.

I might call them and ask if they have the ability to move CLs. Does anyone have a backdoor or Credit Analyst number for FNBO?

Message 5 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Tried a request to obtain an FNBO Amex (no annual fee) through the EO. Explained they could utilize CL from the FNBO Discover Card (useless). They sent a letter stating their licensing agreement aith American Express would not allow them to issue me an FNBO Amex since I was outside there bank service area. Originally, I was pre-qualified for their Bucksback Visa and later upgraded to their Vision Visa Signature and offered a pre-screened opportunity for the FNBO Discover Card. Thus two cards. As we all know their FNBO Discover rewards are not competitive in today's rewards market place. So, I wanted to try and move to the FNBO Amex. No go from the credit card president's office. As a note, when they pre-screened me they were not marketing to their bank service area (US wide then).

That is BS, I am well outside their service area and got their AMEX via invitation to apply, its the only way you can get one outside their normal service area.

Message 6 of 8
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I am pretty sure that I am far outside thier service area and I have their Amex!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 7 of 8
mattmix36
Contributor

I've been an FNBO cardholder for over 6 years now and I had no clue about the free FICO score! Thanks for letting me in on that...must have been added semi-recently

My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k | BoA Alaska $1k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.