Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Freedom Cards

tag
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Multiple Freedom Cards

Does anyone have any recent intel on whether one is allowed multiple Chase Freedom cards?

The reason I ask is I'm getting solicited about once a week for either the Slate or Freedom. I already have a Freedom Visa, and a Freedom MC, but neither are Signature/World. 

They're also taunting me with the $100 incentive for $500 in purchases, which is about as easy as falling off a log for me.

The local branch banker said you can only have one of a card now.  I think I walked in with two mailers for Freedom, and I received another mailer yesterday. 

Since I'm also eyeing the Ink for my LLC, and it's small business month so I could get a nice sized bonus on that card, it's the best month to pull the trigger.  if I did both apps on the same day it should be only one HP from what I've read. 

Any thoughts?

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Multiple Freedom Cards

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

Does anyone have any recent intel on whether one is allowed multiple Chase Freedom cards?

The reason I ask is I'm getting solicited about once a week for either the Slate or Freedom. I already have a Freedom Visa, and a Freedom MC, but neither are Signature/World. 

They're also taunting me with the $100 incentive for $500 in purchases, which is about as easy as falling off a log for me.

The local branch banker said you can only have one of a card now.  I think I walked in with two mailers for Freedom, and I received another mailer yesterday. 

Since I'm also eyeing the Ink for my LLC, and it's small business month so I could get a nice sized bonus on that card, it's the best month to pull the trigger.  if I did both apps on the same day it should be only one HP from what I've read. 

Any thoughts?

Your banker is correct.  Last year Chase changed their policy  to state that a borrower may only have one like card. The mailers come from marketing 

Message 2 of 8
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

If I have the following, any suggestions for trying to maximize the use of a possible single HP. (since I'm doing the Ink for the LLC)

I already have:
Amazon visa
BP Visa
CSP
Freedom Visa
Freedom MC
Slate

Or should I call an uw to inquire about a CLI on one of the existing, using the same HP?
Message 3 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@CreditUnionFan wrote:
If I have the following, any suggestions for trying to maximize the use of a possible single HP. (since I'm doing the Ink for the LLC)

I already have:
Amazon visa
BP Visa
CSP
Freedom Visa
Freedom MC
Slate

Or should I call an uw to inquire about a CLI on one of the existing, using the same HP?

Chase really isn't known to use the same hp for multiple requests ....it really is hit and miss with them

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase through the "Secure Message" last month (April) told me the same thing the Chase Local Banker said. Policy only permits one card of the same brand.
Message 5 of 8
RiotAct

I've had two Freedom cards for over 4 years now. The older one used to be a Starbucks Duetto Visa (opened in '07), but was PC'ed automatically to a Freedom in the '09-'10 timeframe.

Both have a $3k limit. Recently got a Slate with a $3k limit as well Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 8
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@RiotAct wrote:
I've had two Freedom cards for over 4 years now. The older one used to be a Starbucks Duetto Visa (opened in '07), but was PC'ed automatically to a Freedom in the '09-'10 timeframe.

Both have a $3k limit. Recently got a Slate with a $3k limit as well Smiley Happy

The local banker said those that already had two Freedom cards could keep them. My Freedom Visa started its life as the Countrywide Visa and was PC'd when the relationship with Countrywide ended (bought by BoA). My Freedom MC started its life many years ago as the Bell Atlantic MC, and then became the PerfectCard MC, and was PC'd to a Freedom MC when the PerfectCard program ended.

It's rumored I'll still get to keep the second Freedom when they switch the MC over to Visa. 

What's crazy is that the marketing departmet is sending me numerous solicitations for the Freedom card, again.The only other wrinkle I could think of is that perhaps one could have a Freedom Signature and a Freedom non-Signature.

Message 7 of 8
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Chase is currently in the process of converting those Freedom MCs over so you might end up with two VISAs if Chase realizes or they may close one of your accounts once they realize you have the exact same card. But yea, you can't have the exact same card with Chase.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.