Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple HSBC cards

tag
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Multiple HSBC cards

To jaystay, Best Buy currently has two issuers for their card. One from HSBC and another from Chase. Why don't you just apply for the one from Chase?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 11 of 19
laz98
Senior Contributor

@shyboy wrote:
To jaystay, Best Buy currently has two issuers for their card. One from HSBC and another from Chase. Why don't you just apply for the one from Chase?

i didn't know that......do you have to apply through the chase website?

Message 12 of 19
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

Im sorry i haven't been working for best buy for a year now, but if memory serves correctly, when you apply for a card you are actually applying for both cards but with one inquiry. If you are approve for both, i believe you have the option of selecting one of the two.

Hope this helps 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 13 of 19
-RED
Regular Contributor

I think Chase is no more!
-800 or Bust...!
Message 14 of 19
danababy98
Valued Member

I was just approved for a BB store card and it's issued by HSBC, not Chase.  My husband has the BB MC, which is also issued by HSBC.  In total between the 2 of us, we have 6 HSBC credit cards...Alot of people aren't very fond of them, but they've been good to us!  Smiley Happy
TU-656 EQ-686 EX-655
Message 15 of 19
credithappy
Regular Contributor

Hi

Last year around November 2009 I was denied a credit card with HSBC Best Buy "Unfortunately, we are unable to approve your credit application at this time".  I it might funny that I have 2 CCs and an auto loan from them.  My credit limits on my cards are small $750 with 0 % interest on MC for 1 year and $500 at 2.90% interest for 6 months on Discover.  I would like to get another card but I can wait until my BK coming off next year and my inquires.  I have a CU credit card and it has been good to me and I can not complain.

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Your account must be at least 18 months apart or they will hit you with a hard pull without even considering you.

You will be shown an error message that says the reason for decline is " You where recently approved for an HSBC acount".

This happened to me as well.  I had an HSBC Orchard and applied for an HSBC Visa or MC.

I think it has to do with the particular card and the order in which you app.  They did the hard pull, though, and I was peeved.  (Did close my Orchard a few months later and am not looking for a new HSBC card - but they did my very well as a rebuilder card and I recommend them highly for that).

Message 17 of 19
JMN
Frequent Contributor

@shyboy wrote:

Im sorry i haven't been working for best buy for a year now, but if memory serves correctly, when you apply for a card you are actually applying for both cards but with one inquiry. If you are approve for both, i believe you have the option of selecting one of the two.

Hope this helps 

Unfortunately, it counts as two inquiries. When you apply, your application will first be reviewed by HSBC. If you are declined by HSBC, your application is automatically submitted to Chase for review - which is pulled as a second inquiry. 
There is no way to directly apply for the Chase version unless you are declined first by HSBC. 

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I applied and got denied for the BB card. The only reason I applied was because the pre-selector gave me a preapproval. Smiley Mad I got declined with reason being insufficient credit references. I currently can't even check my fico right now because I don't have any current TLs, guess my new rehabbed SLs haven't posted yet. So now I hindsight I probably should have checked my score before apping anywhere.

Anyway, I have no cards at all which is killing my score so I am going to have to take the Orchard secured card route, but I don't want to lose eligibilty for the BB card so I can re-apply for it when I have a better score and more credit references.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.