Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Secured Cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple Secured Cards?

Awesome! Capital One is a good start. I've got mid 500 scores and I am an efficient marathoner so I am in it to win it. Waiting for some things to report so that my scores will jump up a little bit more. I've burnt Discover in the past for about $1,200 like I said above, but I've since paid the debt and I am hoping they give me a second chance.

Is BoA secured hard to get?

Message 11 of 17
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I would say Disco is the hardest and Cap1 would be the easiest.  Disco might make you jump through hoops to get back in but as you may know now it's worthwhile to go after them.  

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

I would say Disco is the hardest and Cap1 would be the easiest.  Disco might make you jump through hoops to get back in but as you may know now it's worthwhile to go after them.  

Hardest even for secured?

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll gladly let you guys know what the outcome of my app is. I tried to apply for the Discover secured, but the website messed up and it closed my app upon submission. The inquiry has showed up on my reports so I am going to have to call and talk to them about what happened.

Message 14 of 17
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

https://www.discovercard.com/application/checkStatus?execution=e1s1

YES, Disco is picky even with the Secured product.  There have been many people hitting them up 4-5 times before getting in even on Secured.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

• Still waiting on the Capital One Secured card to come in the mail so that I can get it activated.
  • I got approved for the Discover Secured card a few days ago, waiting on them to proceed with the process.

I am super excited to have gotten back in with these two companies because they're the only two companies that I have done wrong by. Aside from these two cards, which I think will be great for increasing my credit scores, I am looking at getting one more secured card. After doing a bit of research, I think I am going to go the Bank of America route. My parents have been long time bankers there and they have loved it so I think it would be in my best interest to build a relationship with them now.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

reading this thread makes me feel fortunate on getting the Discover card - 1st time applied, first time approved. Already graduated after a year. from 500 Fico to 600s. My only regret is that i didnt get other secured cards at the same time i got discover.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.