Frequent Contributor
nyancat

Re: Multiple credit cards, same name, same account, different number

The whole thing seems silly. If the card gets stolen, so what? You're not liable as long as you report it stolen immediately.

American Express Costco TrueEarnings - $8,300; American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $5,000; American Express Delta Gold - $7,300; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Capital One Cash Rewards Visa - $7,500; Citi Forward - $5,800 and $4,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred - $7,500; Discover It - $3,000
Mega Contributor
LS2982

JaysonT wrote:

Yeah but can you set yourself as an authorized user?  I did not think that would be possible.

I don't think it's possible either, but I would call them and explain your situation.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Regular Contributor
JaysonT

nyancat wrote:

The whole thing seems silly. If the card gets stolen, so what? You're not liable as long as you report it stolen immediately.

You are correct, I would not be responsible but the entire process can be annoying and time consuming with the paperwork and phone calls.  I have had five card numbers stolen in the last three years with very different experiences with each card company.  The last was a Citi card which was hit with just under $30,000 over a weekend.  This was not a personal card but a corporate purchasing card but I did the same "stuff" I would need to do if it were my own.  I honestly thought the woman from Citi I spoke to on the phone was going to cry.  I have never experienced another CSR get emotional about charges but she was clearly upset.

Frequent Contributor
nyancat

Be more careful! And you'd STILL go through all that over $200. The process wouldn't be meaningfully different. Just watch out :smileyhappy: And hope for true Chip-and-PIN in the US soon.

American Express Costco TrueEarnings - $8,300; American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $5,000; American Express Delta Gold - $7,300; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Capital One Cash Rewards Visa - $7,500; Citi Forward - $5,800 and $4,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred - $7,500; Discover It - $3,000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+