Re: Must APP

Woah, four approvals at once? Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 11 of 46
distantarray
Established Contributor

This, and besides there are some cards like BCP which is one of the best cards in the market right now that shouldn't be sock drawered anytime soon as long as you do your grocery shopping at stand alone stores.

Annual fee cards are not bad, just make sure you only get one with annual fees you intend to use.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 12 of 46
distantarray
Established Contributor

@Epcot wrote:

Remember that approvals are nice, but if you over app when banks do a soft check on you soon after sometimes they'll close your account due to over exposure in a short period. Some people app like crazy and max out all their cards and try to file BK -_-; 

App sprees should only be applied to cards you really intend to use.

Amex BCP 6% groceries,

Amex Platinum must for anyone who travels atleast 1 internationa flight a year imo,

Amex Starwood must for anyone who uses hotels regularly.

Chase Sapphire 40k sign up bonus plus rewards mall and 2x travel dining + 7% bonus annually.

Chase Freedom alternating 5%

Citi Forward 5% dining

US Bank Cash+ 2 categories of 5%

PenFed Amex for Gas 5%

PenFed Amex for travel 6% etc

Walmart CC (Transunion Fico)

All depends on what you want, but besides these cards I think most other cards are subpar (for normal people palladium or black not included) , but that's just my opinion. To avoid getting too many cards and sock drawering my family all got certain cards, so we all share depending on, but you might think differently. I don't see a point in apping for stuff I won't use.

Message 13 of 46
HiLine
Blogger

@distantarray wrote:

@Epcot wrote:

Remember that approvals are nice, but if you over app when banks do a soft check on you soon after sometimes they'll close your account due to over exposure in a short period. Some people app like crazy and max out all their cards and try to file BK -_-; 

Amex BCP 6% groceries,

Amex Platinum must for anyone who travels atleast 1 internationa flight a year imo,

Amex Starwood must for anyone who uses hotels regularly.

Chase Sapphire 40k sign up bonus plus rewards mall and 2x travel dining + 7% bonus annually.

Chase Freedom alternating 5%

Citi Forward 5% dining

US Bank Cash+ 2 categories of 5%

PenFed Amex for Gas 5%

PenFed Amex for travel 6% etc

Walmart CC (Transunion Fico)

All depends on what you want, but besides these cards I think most other cards are subpar (for normal people palladium or black not included) , but that's just my opinion. To avoid getting too many cards and sock drawering my family all got certain cards, so we all share depending on, but you might think differently. I don't see a point in apping for stuff I won't use.

That's a great list of useful credit cards. I would also add Discover More to that list, thanks to their rotating 5% cash back category.

Message 14 of 46
distantarray
Established Contributor

keep forgetting about discover more, but I'm just a little biased since my local area doesn't take discover much in FL. It seems like it's called discover because you have to discover where you can use it Smiley Indifferent

Message 15 of 46
HiLine
Blogger

@distantarray wrote:

keep forgetting about discover more, but I'm just a little biased since my local area doesn't take discover much in FL. It seems like it's called discover because you have to discover where you can use it Smiley Indifferent

Online is the best, especially this quarter Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 46
alboto
Regular Contributor

is the AF being waived for the BCP the first year?? I cant see anything in the website.

Message 17 of 46
distantarray
Established Contributor

@alboto wrote:

is the AF being waived for the BCP the first year?? I cant see anything in the website.

They might have removed it but I was only approved on the 8th of this month so you could call and ask. but regardless I got in for the $150 bonus after $1,000 spent so it's really a good deal, and I can always PC it later if I want

@HiLine wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

Online is the best, especially this quarter Smiley Wink

with the holidays yep Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 46
distantarray
Established Contributor

double

Message 19 of 46
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Epcot wrote:

I just closed out the US Bank card so it is now 3 new cards. Don't want the lenders getting to freaked out. I apped for the Cash+, but they only gave me a $2500 limit. So, I closed it and line swapped it to my oldest account. Which is about a year old. I will be very careful about keeping utilization low so they aren't afraid about me filling for a BK.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.