tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Must APP

@Epcot wrote:
Woah, four approvals at once? Congrats!

Thanks.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 21 of 46
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Amex Starwood must for anyone who uses hotels regularly.

I liked the starwood, but I went with the HHonors for the no AF. Came with a nice bonus and offers many pts/$. Only problem is the points don't go as far as the starwood points.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 22 of 46
HiLine
Blogger

@Dustink wrote:

I liked the starwood, but I went with the HHonors for the no AF. Came with a nice bonus and offers many pts/$. Only problem is the points don't go as far as the starwood points.

Their points have a much lower redemption rate too, I believe.

Message 23 of 46
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

That is what I meant.

Message 24 of 46
distantarray
Established Contributor

if you actually plan to use it, don't be afraid of AF's. The benefits make up for it if you actually do use them. Personally I don't stay in hotels enough to matter, most my travels are in Vietnam where most places don't even take credit cards haha

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 25 of 46
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

if you actually plan to use it, don't be afraid of AF's. The benefits make up for it if you actually do use them. Personally I don't stay in hotels enough to matter, most my travels are in Vietnam where most places don't even take credit cards haha

I carry 1 card with an AF. The US Bank flexperks sig. They waive the AF with $2k per month in spending. Other than that. I haven't found a card that warrants and AF. It seems like it is better to have several cards with no AF. Then just use the bonus categories that each card offers, can on average earn just as many rewards with no AF's.

Someday I will get a no AF card that has lounge access haha

Message 26 of 46
HiLine
Blogger

Oh I thought

@Dustink wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

That is what I meant.

Oh OK I thought you were talking about point transfer options.

Message 27 of 46
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Oh I thought

@Dustink wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

That is what I meant.

After I got the card. I called a rep to check out hotels and how many points they require. They gave me 3k free points after they noticed how many points it would take to get a night in a hotel near me...haha

Message 28 of 46
HiLine
Blogger

@Dustink wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

I carry 1 card with an AF. The US Bank flexperks sig. They waive the AF with $2k per month in spending. Other than that. I haven't found a card that warrants and AF. It seems like it is better to have several cards with no AF. Then just use the bonus categories that each card offers, can on average earn just as many rewards with no AF's.

Someday I will get a no AF card that has lounge access haha

My goal for next year is to have all the 3 cards with 5% bonus categories and no annual fees. Smiley Happy

If that goal is accomplished early, I will look for an airlines card which grants lounge access. The first year's annual fee should be waived, so it'll be close to no AF. Smiley Wink

Message 29 of 46
HiLine
Blogger

@Dustink wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

Oh I thought

@Dustink wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

That is what I meant.

After I got the card. I called a rep to check out hotels and how many points they require. They gave me 3k free points after they noticed how many points it would take to get a night in a hotel near me...haha

@Anonymous @ them being embarrased about their own product

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.