Must APP

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Must APP

@HiLine wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

if you actually plan to use it, don't be afraid of AF's. The benefits make up for it if you actually do use them. Personally I don't stay in hotels enough to matter, most my travels are in Vietnam where most places don't even take credit cards haha

I carry 1 card with an AF. The US Bank flexperks sig. They waive the AF with $2k per month in spending. Other than that. I haven't found a card that warrants and AF. It seems like it is better to have several cards with no AF. Then just use the bonus categories that each card offers, can on average earn just as many rewards with no AF's.

Someday I will get a no AF card that has lounge access haha

My goal for next year is to have all the 3 cards with 5% bonus categories and no annual fees. Smiley Happy

If that goal is accomplished early, I will look for an airlines card which grants lounge access. The first year's annual fee should be waived, so it'll be close to no AF. Smiley Wink

I think currently the best card is the Cash+ card, but it offers no intro bonus.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 31 of 46
Dustink
Valued Contributor

After I got the card. I called a rep to check out hotels and how many points they require. They gave me 3k free points after they noticed how many points it would take to get a night in a hotel near me...haha

Lol @ them being embarrased about their own product

I found a hotel that was 120,000 points for one night, and it was only a 4 star hotel.

I will find a way to get a good value out of the points though.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

prequalified offers on the us bank cash+ signature do have spend-range bonuses. i work for their "credit card enrollment center" (3rd party call center) and have seen some with those. the pre-qualified offers occasionally offer 0% for 12 months as well.

do not call the credit card enrollment center to get these offers, we work on a sales model and are unable to accomodate special requests, we either can do your prequalified offer or the standard web offer. thats what happens when they hire third party call centers to handle their credit card applications.

Message 33 of 46
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Don't app!!! You don't want any AA!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 34 of 46
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Don't app!!! You don't want any AA!!

But, but, but....awwwwwwwwww

Message 35 of 46
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol.... That's why Im waiting on the Citi Diamond Preferred....

What if Amex closed your account?! How would you feel?! Ive learned how to raise my fico here and equally as important: what creditors can do when you take on too much credit too soon lol... Just be careful :-D
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 36 of 46
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Lol.... That's why Im waiting on the Citi Diamond Preferred....

What if Amex closed your account?! How would you feel?! Ive learned how to raise my fico here and equally as important: what creditors can do when you take on too much credit too soon lol... Just be careful :-D

Why the diamond? It doesn't have any rewards.

It would suck if they closed my account and took the points away.

I'll take it easy for awhile. Do you think it will be better to CLI after two months? Or should I apply for another account come january? Which one first?

Message 37 of 46
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I'm gonna try for a cli on Amex BCE like Dec 20th... Before Xmas hahhaa. Most of the time clis are soft pulls... So don't let a cli hinder your apping if you are worried about inqs. I'd say wait six months at least... Didn't you open three or four accounts recently?? I've opened like four in the past six months: Travelocity Amex, Chase Freedom, Discover Motiva, and Amex BCE.... I reallllyyy need to stay in the garden...
And in reference to the Diamond Preferred, I'm a sucker for a super long intro apr of 0% for 18 months+ LOL... It's a prettttty card :-D
Message 38 of 46
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Never take a hp for a cli though!!! Lol not worth it imo.
Message 39 of 46
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

I always feel the need to app right after I see a CC commercial of a card I really want lol.. Especially now that xmas is around the corner.. I so badly want to pull out a chase sapphire haha.. Wishful thinking!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.