Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Must Be A CENSORED "NO"

tag
AFreshStart
Regular Contributor

Must Be A CENSORED "NO"

So I apped for JC Penny card last week only because it was supposed to be easy to get. Well, I received the 7 to 10 day notice via online. I called today and my app is still processing.

There must be a slew of explicitives being typed into my denial letter, lol.
Starting Scores Nov 17: 581(EQ) 571(TU) 563(EX)
Cap One VentureOne 5k, Discover 2k, Amex Delta Gold 1k, Amex SPG 1k, Capital One 500,
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Must Be A CENSORED "NO"

It could be that they just need to verify some info. Then again, it could be a denial too.

I really wish lenders were more upfront about their requirements and denials. If you're just going to deny me anyway, just tell me upfront. Don't make me buy you flowers and take you on an expensive date first and then tell me you'll call me in 7-10 days. Just tell me "no", I can handle it.

Message 2 of 4
anybodii
New Contributor

Yeah a lot of times they have auto systems to accept or deny, but plenty of room in between that just means a live person needs to review it. For example, I opened a series of cards in a row and Chase didn't approve or deny me until they verified it was me apping for it, I had to send in copy of driver's license and social secuirty card and I was approved. Sometimes you can call the backdoor number and have someone review it right then and there to accept or deny, some banks don't do this.

Message 3 of 4
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Try calling this number: JC Penney:  800-542-0800

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.