Contributor

Re: Must have or Great cards to have?

better balance rewards and freedom

FICO 733 (Discover)
Message 51 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

what do you guys think of the cap1 quicksilver? I currently have two platinums but want to switch to qs since the platinums dont offer much

Message 52 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

what do you guys think of the cap1 quicksilver? I currently have two platinums but want to switch to qs since the platinums dont offer much

I have a Platinum that I got in 2000. Don't want to close it because of it's age. I opened a QS a few weeks ago and they gave me an immediate $10k and I like it a lot. 1.5% cash back. I put $300 on the card so far that I'm paying off next Friday, but already shows I've got $4.47 cashback. I went on an app spree a couple of weeks ago and this is one that I'm really happy to have.

Message 53 of 56
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You opened a 10 month thread to ask a quicksilver question?  Tsk, tsk. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 54 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I just noticed longtimelurker mentioned that you get a 10% bonus on freedom if you have a chase checking...is this true, I haven't heard of this
Message 55 of 56
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So I just noticed longtimelurker mentioned that you get a 10% bonus on freedom if you have a chase checking...is this true, I haven't heard of this

Unless I'm wrong this benefit is either going away or already has, so don't get too excited unfortunately.

As always, "must have" or "great" are subjective and whatever cards one really will enjoy varies per person. I will say personally I find my Quicksilver to be a great all purpose card and definitely my must have. Easy rewards that rack up, no hassles with redemption, I honestly have nothing bad to say.

Message 56 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.