cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 1 yr is next mth w/ cap 1... Hopefully a cli!:)

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

My 1 yr is next mth w/ cap 1... Hopefully a cli!:)

Soooooo, my cap one QS is coming up on its 1 yr next month, but my 12 statement wont be until November 9th, and they already mentioned my AF of $19 on my statement that cut a few days ago. Which also means its been 6 months since my last cli with them! I'm hoping I get something out of them, but I've seen a lot of post where people didn't and then hit the luv button and got declined! When they got their letter is stated basically they didn't use enough of the current credit limit! My limit is $2k, and I put about $400 a month on it, cause I have to spread out the love to navy and Barclays! It will be interesting to see!! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ray8806
Regular Contributor

Re: My 1 yr is next mth w/ cap 1... Hopefully a cli!:)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! Let us know how it goes.

A few days ago was my first statement with CapOne and my QS1 card....only a $300 limit but I ran over $800 through it. Hopefully my first CLI in 5 more months will be bit mroe than what I have now hehe

EQ: 710(FICO) EX: 695(FICO) TU: 708(FICO)
Message 2 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Ray... If you're putting that kind of money thru it, no doubt you will get an cli on your 5th or 6th month!! I would bet to say they raise you to $2k!! They like to see heavy usage and utilizing the credit lineSmiley Happy keep doing what you're doing!!Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

Soooooo, my cap one QS is coming up on its 1 yr next month, but my 12 statement wont be until November 9th, and they already mentioned my AF of $19 on my statement that cut a few days ago. Which also means its been 6 months since my last cli with them! I'm hoping I get something out of them, but I've seen a lot of post where people didn't and then hit the luv button and got declined! When they got their letter is stated basically they didn't use enough of the current credit limit! My limit is $2k, and I put about $400 a month on it, cause I have to spread out the love to navy and Barclays! It will be interesting to see!! 

I guess the jury will be out on that one since anything is possible.  Just play nice and no rants if they don't CLI when you truly expect it ok? Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hey Fin! Yea..I might show a them a little more love this month and next month, and see what happens, if I don't get one by my November statement, ill contact the EO for oneSmiley Wink I can't promise that I won't have rant if it doesn't happen, I'll just have to see what my moods like after my November statement! Lucky for me is that the holiday season is right during my 12 statement and they might give me one for that reason alone to have some added shopping powerSmiley Wink at least that's what I'm hoping lol!!!
Message 5 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:
Hey Fin! Yea..I might show a them a little more love this month and next month, and see what happens, if I don't get one by my November statement, ill contact the EO for oneSmiley Wink I can't promise that I won't have rant if it doesn't happen, I'll just have to see what my moods like after my November statement! Lucky for me is that the holiday season is right during my 12 statement and they might give me one for that reason alone to have some added shopping powerSmiley Wink at least that's what I'm hoping lol!!!

Of noteworthy, since you are already spreading the "love" amongst NFCU and Barclays, and technically not hiting the ceiling on Capital One, is a CLI warranted?  Not aware of your spending habits but seems like you already have pretty good CLs with the others.  Some things are ok if they are spaced over time and you don't necessarily get the CLI when other folks do.  That tends to put more stress on you since you're constantly perusing the forums and seeing that others are getting CLIs (or approved... i.e. app/CLI envy), goals are different for all.

Message 6 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Fin... You know me enough by now to know that I'm very aggressive in my rebuild and also do my research. That's why my post said "hopefully" a cli, because I knew I wasn't hitting ceiling with them. Would I be disappointed if it didn't happen? Yes sure, mad ? No, because I'm not using enough of the line according to them. Notice that I said "hopefully" and not "I better get one "Smiley Wink all in good time, and me "constantly" pursuing the forums is really kinda my business, that's what it's here for. For me to learn and do research, learn from others be it mistakes or good things! It's all to help me for my future and put me in the best possible position later down the road.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.