Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 1st CLD: Chase (former WAMU) finally gave me the ole thumbs down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My 1st CLD: Chase (former WAMU) finally gave me the ole thumbs down

@score_building wrote:

no CLD or other AA on my one chase cc yet.  if it is the only chase product you have i'd SD rather than close.  imo maintaining diversity trumps low CL issues which, with all your other high limit cards, is a marginal concern at best.  even high achievers often have one or two 'open' clunkers on record w/o consequence.

in six months once they see how you've handled your new accts they'll likely offer healthy CLI and i'd bet you'll scarcely even remember this AA.  unless you simply do not want the acct any more regardless of future prospects or you don't care that things will likely turn around for you for the better on this acct. in short order:  re-open.

I highly doubt this.  This account is a former WAMU (when I was ugly) account.  And I don't think these accounts ever forget or treat it differently.  So I'm not acting out of emotional reaction, but recognizing that this account is just like my original CapOne builder card,....never going to be more than a builder account and will always have trace memory of its origins.

I may decide, in time, to apply for a "straight up" Chase account which will not have this baggage.  I closed my Orchard, no future.  I don't think this or CapOne have any future (though I did apply for a new CapOne 6 months ago and got a premium card and will keep it).

These low CL's don't help utilization and both have AF's....CapOne being $19 and Chase Freedom Plus $39.  I might be able to PC Chase to a non-AF card, but again, its still going to always have its trace memory and origins being a WAMU red headed stepchild.  Therefore, I think it time to cut ties with that time period, IMO.

Thanks for all the input  Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

txjohn wrote:

score_building wrote:

no CLD or other AA on my one chase cc yet.  if it is the only chase product you have i'd SD rather than close.  imo maintaining diversity trumps low CL issues which, with all your other high limit cards, is a marginal concern at best.  even high achievers often have one or two 'open' clunkers on record w/o consequence.

in six months once they see how you've handled your new accts they'll likely offer healthy CLI and i'd bet you'll scarcely even remember this AA.  unless you simply do not want the acct any more regardless of future prospects or you don't care that things will likely turn around for you for the better on this acct. in short order:  re-open.

I highly doubt this.  This account is a former WAMU (when I was ugly) account.  And I don't think these accounts ever forget or treat it differently.  So I'm not acting out of emotional reaction, but recognizing that this account is just like my original CapOne builder card,....never going to be more than a builder account and will always have trace memory of its origins.

I may decide, in time, to apply for a "straight up" Chase account which will not have this baggage.  I closed my Orchard, no future.  I don't think this or CapOne have any future (though I did apply for a new CapOne 6 months ago and got a premium card and will keep it).

These low CL's don't help utilization and both have AF's....CapOne being $19 and Chase Freedom Plus $39.  I might be able to PC Chase to a non-AF card, but again, its still going to always have its trace memory and origins being a WAMU red headed stepchild.  Therefore, I think it time to cut ties with that time period, IMO.

Thanks for all the input  Smiley Happy

it all makes sense, i didn't mean to suggest keeping a dead end cc you won't have use for going forward. perhaps, i wan't connecting the dots initially.

there was a post last year from a frequent contributor who stated that their cap1 low limit cc went from 500 to 15k IIRC.

i haven't closed mine yet due to age, plus it's back burner but not holding out for the 10k+ boost,lol, since it just aint that likely to happen Smiley Tongue

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 13
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@plasticman wrote:

@score_building wrote:

@TangMeister wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I called Chase at the number directed by the Backdoor CSR and got the scoop.  As I suspected, Chase didn't like my slew of recent accounts.  She rattled off the list of CCC names and said "these concern us, so we adjusted your CL proportionately."

I told her I understood that initial concern, but wondered why they might not seek some additional input, such as HHI and other factors that might be relevent.  She didn't really respond to that, just sticking to the "concerned" over the amount of recent new accounts.

Oh well, as they say, on to bigger and better.  LOL.  I will miss the Freedom Plus rewards.  I made more on those than any of my other reward cards.

Smiley Happy

...I kicked Chase to the curb years ago, and I closed my Wamu card as soon as Chase took over officially and cut off the free bank-enhanced FICO score.  If BoA had bought them or Citi, I might have reconsidered and kept it open.  When they asked me why I was closing and to reconsider, I told them about the FICO score cancellation, with an "I don't need you" thrown in for good measure.  It felt awfully good.  Smiley Very Happy   As one online friend often points out, Chase is the devil.  

i hear ya, i find more utility in making it a point to try to be in neutral mode (feelings whether good or bad don't play a decisive role) when it comes to deciding how to most efficiently respond to AA. 

having my feelings significantly impacted by such business decisions- the ccc or my own, have proven not to be a good use of my time and energy, YMMV.

+1

Whether in my personal or business financial life I could not agree more. If feelings affect my financial decision making it is typically for self indulgent purposes only ( not to be advised, IMO ).

edited for clarity

Message Edited by plasticman on 09-28-2009 12:19 PM

Interesting input to my rather innocent post of "feeling good" about being in a position to pick and choose who I do business with.  I'll keep that in mind.  Smiley Wink  To each his own.

Message Edited by TangMeister on 09-28-2009 07:48 PM
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.