Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 1st CLI attempt on my Discover :-(

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

My 1st CLI attempt on my Discover :-(

Well after having my Discover since August i attempted for my first CLI with them. Called and very nice lady told me that she would put in the information and see if i was eligible for an auto CLI (via SP of course). Unfortunately she told me i wasnt eligible for one at the moment and would receive a letter explaining why. She did say that so far my history with them has been excellent and she offered to proceed with HP and see if i could get an increase then. I politely told her no thank you thats ok cuz i have been rebuilding and taking care of my credit the last couple of years and want some of my inquiries to fall off. She asked me if i knew how many inquiries i have had on my TU and EQ in the last 6 months. I told her 1 on EQ none on TU. She said that most likely will not be an issue when pulling my reports. I told her that i will wait another 3 months maybe try a HP. She finished off by saying to keep doing a great job and i should see some nice auto increases down the road. Even though i got declined i still love the great customer service Discover has! They were the only bank that gave me a chance to reach primeville so i am going to stick with them for a very long time (CLI or not)..lSmiley Happy

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: My 1st CLI attempt on my Discover :-(

@dodgerslv wrote:

Well after having my Discover since October i attempted for my first CLI with them. Called and very nice lady told me that she would put in the information and see if i was eligible for an auto CLI (via SP of course). Unfortunately she told me i wasnt eligible for one at the moment and would receive a letter explaining why. She did say that so far my history with them has been excellent and she offered to proceed with HP and see if i could get an increase then. I politely told her no thank you thats ok cuz i have been rebuilding and taking care of my credit the last couple of years and want some of my inquiries to fall off. She asked me if i knew how many inquiries i have had on my TU and EQ in the last 6 months. I told her 1 on each. She said that most likely will not be an issue when pulling my reports. I told her that i will wait another 3 months maybe try a HP. She finished off by saying to keep doing a great job and i should see some nice auto increases down the road. Even though i got declined i still love the great customer service Discover has! They were the only bank that gave me a chance to reach primevilel so i am going to stick with them for a very long time (CLI or not)..lSmiley Happy

I'm in the same situation, I've had the account for a year now with no luv. I'm sure later down the road once I start decresing my debts they'll show me some luv.

Don't give your hopes up in 2 months your card will be 6 months old they do account reviews every 6 months so you may get some auto luv!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 5
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

Well after having my Discover since October i attempted for my first CLI with them. Called and very nice lady told me that she would put in the information and see if i was eligible for an auto CLI (via SP of course). Unfortunately she told me i wasnt eligible for one at the moment and would receive a letter explaining why. She did say that so far my history with them has been excellent and she offered to proceed with HP and see if i could get an increase then. I politely told her no thank you thats ok cuz i have been rebuilding and taking care of my credit the last couple of years and want some of my inquiries to fall off. She asked me if i knew how many inquiries i have had on my TU and EQ in the last 6 months. I told her 1 on each. She said that most likely will not be an issue when pulling my reports. I told her that i will wait another 3 months maybe try a HP. She finished off by saying to keep doing a great job and i should see some nice auto increases down the road. Even though i got declined i still love the great customer service Discover has! They were the only bank that gave me a chance to reach primevilel so i am going to stick with them for a very long time (CLI or not)..lSmiley Happy

I'm in the same situation, I've had the account for a year now with no luv. I'm sure later down the road once I start decresing my debts they'll show me some luv.

Don't give your hopes up in 2 months your card will be 6 months old they do account reviews every 6 months so you may get some auto luv!

I will not! I actually opened the card in August (not October, my mistake) and thats why i tried for a CLI. Both of my parents have had the card for over 4 years and i think my dad only has one auto CLI (from 6000 to 7500) and thats it. My mom on the other hand has gotten various increases but the first one wasnt until a year she had the card (not sitting at a nice 10500 limit). So i guess it varies for everyone.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 3 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

I will not! I actually opened the card in August (not October, my mistake) and thats why i tried for a CLI. Both of my parents have had the card for over 4 years and i think my dad only has one auto CLI (from 6000 to 7500) and thats it. My mom on the other hand hasnt gotten various increases but the first one wasnt until a year she had the card (not sitting at a nice 10500 limit). So i guess it varies for everyone.

It's definitely a YMMV situation with DIscover CLI's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 5
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

My wife and I have never requested a cli from Discover. They have always just sent us a letter or email telling us of an increased cli. WE have had the card about three years, started around 1500. now over 9000. We always PIF and have never been late.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.