cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 1st Pre-Approval in the mail today...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My 1st Pre-Approval in the mail today...

@tntexans72 wrote:

Did you get a pre-approval with an invitation code to apply?

I have read many success stories of approval for pre-approval with an invitation code.

According to what I've read on here, having that invitation CODE makes all the difference as to whether or not you're truly one of the "chosen."

Message 11 of 25
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

As we use to say back in the day, an  "invitation" lets you go to the party, but the girls don't have to dance with you.  Smiley Wink

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 12 of 25
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

As we use to say back in the day, an  "invitation" lets you go to the party, but the girls don't have to dance with you.  Smiley Wink

Very true....but at least you got a better shot with the personal invites....Smiley Happy

Although I am sure those codes probably don't make approval any easier....only easy if you don't need it but if you do, the computer will know base on your recent inquiries.

Message 13 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I'm still scratching my head on how I even qualify for a Citi Diamond Preferred.......

Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 25
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@mAndrew1980 I feel all your pain.  One of the reason I have double digit inquiries.  Applying for the wrong product from certain creditors.  Will not accept a card with fees unless it's the Amex BCP's $75 annual fee.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 25
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

So if an invite for the citi diamond preferred arrives and it has an invitation code, is that a solid offer? Even with short history?
Message 16 of 25
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

Don't think that an invitation code gives you any better chance I got one for a citi preferred thank you card with an invitation code and used it to apply for it and was very quickly declined and multiple recons did nothing for me
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 17 of 25
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Although I have been getting plenty of them for this same card recently.
Message 18 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Glad I shredded it, if I read the earlier posts I may have been tempted Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 25
CS800
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Glad I shredded it, if I read the earlier posts I may have been tempted Smiley Very Happy

What if you get a pre-approval for a Discover More by mail?

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.