cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 2013 goal is for Barclay Card. What must have criteria and score to be approved??????

tag
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

My 2013 goal is for Barclay Card. What must have criteria and score to be approved??????

Well, I'm in the re-building process now and my goal is for a Barclay Card this year, can you list the criteria, score, number of inquiries, tips and have or not have on your file to be approved for this card?? Thank you in advance!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: My 2013 goal is for Barclay Card. What must have criteria and score to be approved??????

www.whogavemecredit.com

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 7
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Re: My 2013 goal is for Barclay Card. What must have criteria and score to be approved??????

Thank you for that!!!

Message 3 of 7
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Barclay is very inquiry and UTI sensative. They also close accounts if you open a too much after you aquire them.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 7
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

Barclay is very inquiry and UTI sensative. They also close accounts if you open a too much after you aquire them.

The closing accounts part is not so clear.  While there have been many such reports on this forum, many of us have also experienced no issue in opening several accounts shortly after getting a Barclays one.  So don't be too scared if you get a Barclay card and then there is another card you really need/want (and can risk an AA from Barclays in case we are the exceptions!)

Message 5 of 7
Tristate
Contributor

@Give_Me_Credit_Please wrote:

Well, I'm in the re-building process now and my goal is for a Barclay Card this year, can you list the criteria, score, number of inquiries, tips and have or not have on your file to be approved for this card?? Thank you in advance!!

I got my Barclays MC few weeks ago.Score was 668 ,1 year after BK7 , no baddies since . Good luck!

AMEX BCE 10K; BARCLAYS REWARDS 10K; CITI ANYWHERE 8K; DISCOVER 7,5K;CAP ONE VENTURE 9K;MERRICK BANK 2,3K; MACY'S 1,2K; WALMART-SYNCRONY 450$.
BK7 DISCHARGED IN 2011. FICO 8 NOW IN LOW 700S.
Message 6 of 7
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Yes there are quite a few threads here about how Barclays has abruptly closed peoples accounts even though there isn't any negative credit history after the opening with Barclay or other creditors.  The consensus is that opening new accounts within 6 months of Barclay's is the problem.  However if you do a search you will find that there are people who both have and have not opened new accounts after Barclay and there has been no AA done on them.  I have a recently opened Barclay's account opened in Sept and I have a number of new accounts.  I didn't know about this Barclay issue until after I acquired them.  

The jury is out right now whether or not the same will happen to me.  They have sp'd me twice so they can see the new accounts.  I just use the account and PIF each month so we shall see.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.