cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My AMEX Blue Is Here! Blue is in a class of its own!!

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Still waiting on my AMEX Blue

I

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL I am also done with credit cards too. No more credit cards for me. Except I am still waiting from BoA and Chase for the reconsideration of my recent apps for Chase Freedom and AAA from BoA..

Walmart card is okay to carry to get mix credit..I dont need discover card, also I can change Walmart card to discover after 6 months of payment history.

Yes Walmart card is backed by GEMB and Walmart Discover is backed by Discover Financial Services, LLC. So no need to get Discover...They are the same!

Message Edited by CreditCard101 on 08-20-2009 08:44 PM

If you change your Walmrt card witht the one backed by Discover, I would go ahead an get the real Discover card.  It has better perks.

Message 31 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

I have one store card.  I received it while in college in 10/2000.  Its my oldest account.  The store card was later converted into a Target Visa.  
Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, it's easier to convert/upgrade through Walmart better than apply for new credit. I dont want another ding on my CR. I promise to myself no more apps for 2-3 years from now, so all my inquiries should ALL fall off by then.

If i get approve for Chase Freedom and AAA, that will be okay too and then NO MORE APPLICATIONS EVER AGAIN..

Message 33 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, it's easier to convert/upgrade through Walmart better than apply for new credit. I dont want another ding on my CR. I promise to myself no more apps for 2-3 years from now, so all my inquiries should ALL fall off by then.

If i get approve for Chase Freedom and AAA, that will be okay too and then NO MORE APPLICATIONS EVER AGAIN..

LOL.  I'm doing the same thing.  The AMEX inquiry was may last.  I only have 2 inquries on my EQ. I have 8 on my Experian.  4 of the 8 falling off this year.  My TU has numerous inquires, and its my highest score.  Many of the TU inquries will be falling off this year. 

Message 34 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is similar but opposite..
i have 5 inquiries with EX, 16 with Equifax, and 7 with TU..

All should FALL off in 1-2 years...

Less inquiries are better..

Message 35 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

I had about 10 with EQ back in April.  I disputed them all including the recent ones.  They were all deleted. 
Message 36 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

My next step is to maintain card utilization low as possible and try to get into the FICO 800 Club lol..

Message 37 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My next step is to maintain card utilization low as possible and try to get into the FICO 800 Club lol..

I'm shooting for an 800 myself.  I think its my AAA thats hindering my efforts.  I'm hoping to have it by 7/2010. When do you think you may get to 800?

Message Edited by DI on 08-21-2009 08:13 AM
Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well whenever all of my inquiries fall off that should boost alot about 2 years from now..I know it's a long wait lolz..

but its worth it..

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.