cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Amex 180 Day Cli. Tomorrow or after??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Amex 180 Day Cli. Tomorrow or after??

I generally give it an extra day, just in case. So, I do 182 days for Amex and 18 days for Discover. I figure the extra day won't really matter relative to the potential 90 day lockout for a rejection. 

Message 11 of 20
Aarvard
Established Contributor

@ksantangelo23 wrote:

Even if it's not tomorrow, you can try an infinite amount of times, and if  the denial reson is for being too soon, it will have no effect Smiley Happy

A few weeks ago, my 180 days was sometime during a span of 7 days, and I attempted every day, multiple times per day until it worked.

Unfortunatley, AMEX sent me a pile of envelopes, which I feel bad about now Smiley Sad

Also, I attempted a 50k CLI, and was returned with being asked for my tax info. I tried again at 45k and got tax info. Finally, after I lowered to 32k, it was instantly approved.

How did you try again? Just go back and request for another CLI?

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 12 of 20
taxi818
Super Contributor

90 days is for decline. It's not for trying early. Too paranoid. Hehe. I'm gonna try it now and see what happens. As I know today is 180.
Message 13 of 20
Joesh
New Contributor

sorry to hijack but to affirm what someone else posted earlier ITT - is it true that if you ask for a CLI and they counter with asking for tax documents, u just can hit a back button and try again for a lower amount? My 61 day CLI was a long time ago but my limit is 24k so i never bothered for more. But if i could shoot for 40k, 35k, 30k without needing tax documents that'd be something else entirely..

edit: yeah it worked. Asked for 40k, they wanted income form. Asked for 35k, income form. Asked for 30k, instant approval.

AMEX BCP : $30K | Citi Forward : $15K | Citi Dividend : $14K | BoA Travel Rewards : 7K | NFL Cash Rewards : $6K | Chase Freedom : $10K | Discover IT : $6.5K | AMEX BCE: $5k | Age: 26 | Occupation: Grad Student | CreditKarma: 800TU/812EQ |
Message 14 of 20
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Joesh wrote:

sorry to hijack but to affirm what someone else posted earlier ITT - is it true that if you ask for a CLI and they counter with asking for tax documents, u just can hit a back button and try again for a lower amount? My 61 day CLI was a long time ago but my limit is 24k so i never bothered for more. But if i could shoot for 40k, 35k, 30k without needing tax documents that'd be something else entirely..

edit: yeah it worked. Asked for 40k, they wanted income form. Asked for 35k, income form. Asked for 30k, instant approval.

Very, very interesting.  Taking notes on Chase quirks, discover luv, Amex cli's, cap one EO, etc. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 15 of 20
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I generally give it an extra day, just in case. So, I do 182 days for Amex and 18 days for Discover. I figure the extra day won't really matter relative to the potential 90 day lockout for a rejection. 

From many reports I read, you don't have to wait extra days with Amex or Discover. You can try everyday if you want from day 175 on, until you get your CLI or valid denial. The same with Discover, that's how people came up with the 16 days 'rule', by trying everyday until they got the CLI, then again.

I'll try when my 180 days are up, DW will try at 90 days. If they say too soon, we will try the next day.

@taxi818, did you try yet?

Message 16 of 20
taxi818
Super Contributor

@newhis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

From many reports I read, you don't have to wait extra days with Amex or Discover. You can try everyday if you want from day 175 on, until you get your CLI or valid denial. The same with Discover, that's how people came up with the 16 days 'rule', by trying everyday until they got the CLI, then again.

I'll try when my 180 days are up, DW will try at 90 days. If they say too soon, we will try the next day.

I did try. Even though I know tomorrow. Got 7-10 day message. Try again tomorrow right? They did not say too early online. But the option is there still 

Message 17 of 20
newhis
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

I did try. Even though I know tomorrow. Got 7-10 day message. Try again tomorrow right? They did not say too early online. But the option is there still 

Try again tomorrow or Monday. Good luck.

Message 18 of 20
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@newhis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Try again in an hour Smiley Tongue

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 19 of 20
taxi818
Super Contributor

@ksantangelo23 wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@newhis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Try again in an hour Smiley Tongue

A little too soon. Smiley WinkBut i will try again in the morning which i know is my true date

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.