Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Amex AU wants to make a large purchase using my account

tag
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

Re: My Amex AU wants to make a large purchase using my account

"Technically afford" doesn't sound good to me. Lending friends large sums of money is almost always a bad idea in my opinion.
Message 11 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

For the most part, you should be fine.

Worst case scenario you will get FR and all you need to do is to send the tax docs back. Just a minor inconvenience, and the chances of it happening is somewhat slim.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 13
Marcos8
Established Contributor

If it was me I probably wouldn't be comfortable with an AU making a purchase like that. Why doesn't this person have their own card to put this on? Why did they have to be put on as an AU on your card? And if it's because of poor scores or little history when it comes to repaying debts, maybe thats an indicator they might not be a reliable person to "loan" money to... and it's not even your money you are loaning them... it's someone else's. That's just my personal opinion of course ymmv. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.