cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Amex Everyday card arrived today :)

tag
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

Re: My Amex Everyday card arrived today :)

@Luscher wrote:
i have a mac running safari and no problems at all

Safari looks good. I have never cared for Safari much and usually use Firefox and Chrome but I may have to get over it and switch, so it seems.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 11 of 19
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Glad you got the cards.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 12 of 19
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

Congrats....   I picked it up during my last app spree..  My Amex True Earnings reported today with a balance.   My EXP fico took a 17 pt  drop today as well..   I PIF my ED card yesterday and keep it PIF til it closes on the 21st..  I hope when that reports it doesn't drop too much more..   I've been using it like it says Everyday!!!  lol

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a question about ways of using this card. Could this be the best emergency card ? for example: I need work on my car and will cost me $1,500 to repair it. If i put $1,500  on my Everyday card and go to starbucks for a tea for 20 days will i get 20% off on my car repair that way ? Smiley Very Happy or am i not looking at this right ?  Also, everyday preferred how much more would i get along with the annual fee of course. I am trying to weigh both to see which would be more valueable in the long run knowing i probably only use it when i have a big purchase in mind to take advantage of the 20% or 50% if that's what you really get back. 

Message 14 of 19
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i have a question about ways of using this card. Could this be the best emergency card ? for example: I need work on my car and will cost me $1,500 to repair it. If i put $1,500  on my Everyday card and go to starbucks for a tea for 20 days will i get 20% off on my car repair that way ? Smiley Very Happy or am i not looking at this right ?  Also, everyday preferred how much more would i get along with the annual fee of course. I am trying to weigh both to see which would be more valueable in the long run knowing i probably only use it when i have a big purchase in mind to take advantage of the 20% or 50% if that's what you really get back. 

It's not 20% off. If you have the ED and make 20 swipes you get a 20% bonus on your total spend for the entire bill cycle. So yeah, your 1.5K car repair be included in the 20% bonus. I am not as familiar with the preferred. I know it has some larger categories for gas or groceries, etc. and a larger bonus for 30 swipes per bill cycle.

I think the ED or EDP only has value as a travel card and/or establishing an Amex relationship. It has no value as an cash back card and only 1:1 value for gift cards. Others more experienced can share the value for travel but it seems to have at least 1.5 to 2 % or greater value for travel with MR points transfering to travel partners especially for airlines.  So that is where I am focusing my spend. 

My ED has become my general spend card when I am not using category card for 5%.

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont understand. I mean if i made $2,000 of purchases in 20 transactions and they say i get 20% bonus x 1% is that 21 cents x 2,000 ? so i only get $4.20 ? not $420 ? 

Message 16 of 19
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i dont understand. I mean if i made $2,000 of purchases in 20 transactions and they say i get 20% bonus x 1% is that 21 cents x 2,000 ? so i only get $4.20 ? not $420 ? 

You get 20% bonus points from the points you earned.   So lets say you earned 500 points this month you will earn 20% from 500 points 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 17 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

OT, but while Amex works fine for me with Chrome, I cannot use the Citi site (basically can't login!)  FF works fine.   Anyone else getting this?

Message 18 of 19
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

OT, but while Amex works fine for me with Chrome, I cannot use the Citi site (basically can't login!)  FF works fine.   Anyone else getting this?

I am having viewing problems with Chrome (amex and Barclay)  I had to switch to firefox, too many issues with Chrome

Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.