cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Amex Green has yet to arrive and I get an offer for the BCE ... What?!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: My Amex Green has yet to arrive and I get an offer for the BCE ... What?!

I got this too.
And I already have BCE!
Somethinf interesting:
It says they may refuse a BT if it exceeds 50% of your total credit line!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Just got another email.

I saw that wording too. BT and Amex always makes me nervous
Message 12 of 16
JSS3
Valued Contributor

I received a mailer for the Green Card. I don't want a charge card but am thinking about accepting it to get my foot in the door. My AAoA is currently at 3 months and continuing to drop once my last 3 cards report. I'm gardening til next year. What would be the benefit of getting the green when I do apply next year? The backdating? Can I PC? How accepting is Amex of those with AAoA of 6 months...even if it's for their charge cards? I really want the BCE but will do whatever betters my chances. I'd probably make Amex the first application out of the garden. Follwed by 1 more for that year(most likely Walmart).

Message 13 of 16
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

I received a mailer for the Green Card. I don't want a charge card but am thinking about accepting it to get my foot in the door. My AAoA is currently at 3 months and continuing to drop once my last 3 cards report. I'm gardening til next year. What would be the benefit of getting the green when I do apply next year? The backdating? Can I PC? How accepting is Amex of those with AAoA of 6 months...even if it's for their charge cards? I really want the BCE but will do whatever betters my chances. I'd probably make Amex the first application out of the garden. Follwed by 1 more for that year(most likely Walmart).

If the card you really want is the BCE, I would just wait until my aaoa improves, i.e. garden, then apply for the card that you really want. I would think in another year, you'd be in a much better position to be approved right off the bat for an amex revolver. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 14 of 16
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@parakleet wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

If the card you really want is the BCE, I would just wait until my aaoa improves, i.e. garden, then apply for the card that you really want. I would think in another year, you'd be in a much better position to be approved right off the bat for an amex revolver. 

It's been stated one should apply for an Amex in January. I was thinking I'd wait til then and hopefully be approved for the Green since charge cards are easier to get and they did offer a pre-approval. Not a guarantee, but odds are good. I'm then in the door and could PC to the BCE plus get the backdating instead of having to wait until Jan '15 to get the BCE. 

Message 15 of 16
navyox
Regular Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@navyox wrote:

I did NOT get that email, which I will take as further evidence that I'm not leaving the Garden until mortgage application in 9/14 lol.

Good sign Lol

But when they start the marketing it goes on for about 2 days so yours is coming ...

Back to the garden Smiley LOL

Amex is kind of bipoar with me.   They loved me when I was in the Army, slashed my CLI in 2008, have refused any CLI whatsover since then, but approved me for PRG in August, so, I don't even know.   I guess they want that annual fee next year.  I've heard their higher fee charge cards are easier to get than the lower ones for that reason.  It kind of makes sense.  

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.