cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Amex Oasis Card Upgraded to Amex Clear.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Amex Oasis Card Upgraded to Amex Clear.

Congrats
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

Quite honestly I have not bothered checking for the scores or what they pulled. My guess is it is a soft inquiry since it is a product change and not a new app.

Just curious -- have you verified that they didn't do a hard-pull for your product change?

My Optima hits its one year birthday in a few days.  I'm trying to decide if I should call once it does, or if I should wait another 6 months just to stay off their radar.

Message 12 of 21
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just curious -- have you verified that they didn't do a hard-pull for your product change?

My Optima hits its one year birthday in a few days.  I'm trying to decide if I should call once it does, or if I should wait another 6 months just to stay off their radar.

I am pretty sure there is no hard inq on my CR. If they did a soft I would not know. Also I asked for a product change, not for a new card, so probably they can do based on the payment history of the card.

If your card is coming close to 12 months ask them for product change. If you renew the card as optima then there might be an AF. I am not sure if your card has AF or not.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

If your card is coming close to 12 months ask them for product change. If you renew the card as optima then there might be an AF. I am not sure if your card has AF or not.

Yes, I had a $39 annual fee last year.

Also just noticed that all references to Optima are now completely gone from their site.  I knew that they had axed the Optima Basic.  Looks like the Platinum is now toast as well.

I'm curious - what made you choose Clear over say Blue or Blue Cash?

Message 14 of 21
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I had a $39 annual fee last year.

Also just noticed that all references to Optima are now completely gone from their site.  I knew that they had axed the Optima Basic.  Looks like the Platinum is now toast as well.

I'm curious - what made you choose Clear over say Blue or Blue Cash?

Nothing really. I asked CSR can I do a product change. She said what product would I like to have. I said Blue or Clear. She said let me look and came back and said  Clear is qualified and my CL will be $5K same as my Oasis card, 9.9% apr for purchases and 22.9% for Cash Advance. I said ok and took the card. I did not ask much. I am just happy I am getting out of Oasis.

Keep in mind, Oasis is protected under your Oasis Card agreement, they can not do CLD or Card Cancellation. I am not sure if that protection gets carried over to new card. In my case, I dont care much,  I just dont want to pay AF and keep a substandard card.

I am glad they considered product change, other wise I would have simply canclled the card and walked away.

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

Nothing really. I asked CSR can I do a product change. She said what product would I like to have. I said Blue or Clear. She said let me look and came back and said  Clear is qualified and my CL will be $5K same as my Oasis card, 9.9% apr for purchases and 22.9% for Cash Advance. I said ok and took the card. I did not ask much. I am just happy I am getting out of Oasis.

Congrats, btw!   You're out of Optima Jail.   Well done.

Also, I stand corrected - just found a link to their Optima Platinum info page, buried in their site.   

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX

Blue

Green

Clear

Black

Plum

Oasis

??????

Someone put these in order of prestige, and tell me which ones are charge/credit.

Best way to get an AMEX skymiles????

Message 17 of 21
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

AMEX

Blue

Green

Clear

Black

Plum

Oasis

??????

Someone put these in order of prestige, and tell me which ones are charge/credit.

Best way to get an AMEX skymiles????

Dunno about all of them, I've only ever used their classic charge cards for which the progression of prestige goes from Green (which I had from 1982 till some time in the 1990s) to Gold which I have right now to Platinum (which they keep offering me but I don't travel enough for its extra perks over Gold to justify the higher Annual Fee) to the Black Centurion Card (for which one must run something like $100K per year through a Gold or Platinum card so I'll never qualify for that).

I've also got a Green Corporate Card for travel expenses, but that has never appeared on my credit reports because I don't pay the bills on it, my employers do, it's only for  work-related purposes.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous related thread, concorduser wrote:

I asked Amex to change my Optima Oasis card to Clear and they said it is approved and the change takes place on 3/23 and I could continue using my old card until I receive the new card and my new clear card will have the same account number same as the old Optima Card.

Hey concorduser..  I've been meaning to ask..

When you received your Clear card, did it in fact have the same account number as the Optima you converted from?    And did you have to register it through Amex's site, or did it auto-replace the Optima in your list of accounts?

When I called to product-change from Optima to Blue, the rep advised that I should keep an eye on anything I was auto-paying with the Optima, because my account number would change after the switch.   Perhaps he was mistaken?  (I hope)

My switch is occurring 2 days from now..  thought I'd check with you to verify that yours remained the same.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Message 19 of 21
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey concorduser..  I've been meaning to ask..

When you received your Clear card, did it in fact have the same account number as the Optima you converted from?    And did you have to register it through Amex's site, or did it auto-replace the Optima in your list of accounts?

When I called to product-change from Optima to Blue, the rep advised that I should keep an eye on anything I was auto-paying with the Optima, because my account number would change after the switch.   Perhaps he was mistaken?  (I hope)

My switch is occurring 2 days from now..  thought I'd check with you to verify that yours remained the same.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Got my Clear and it has the same number as Optima Oasis Card. It automatically showed in the website in place of my old card. No need to register the new card online.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.