cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Amex Oasis Card Upgraded to Amex Clear.

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

My Amex Oasis Card Upgraded to Amex Clear.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My Amex Oasis Card Upgraded to Amex Clear.

Congrats.
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, congratulations! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 21
oracles
Valued Contributor

Very nice concord

Your hard work is paying off for you and you didn't even have to apply. Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 21
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Was it auto?
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 21
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@FretlessMayhem wrote:
Congrats! Was it auto?

No. I called and asked them for product change. They said the change would happen on March 23 when my statement cuts. My new clear card would have no AF / 9.9% for purchases / 22.9% for cash advances / I keep my present CL $5k that I have on my Oasis Card. I always wanted an amex charge and amex credit card. Now I am happy that I have a Clear and Amex Gold Charge. I have no more quarrels with Amex.
Message 6 of 21
score_building
Senior Contributor

super congrats, that is awesome!  just don't be disarmed by the product change, as you well know revolvers can still be a really high maintenance endeavor at amex currently.  while some have no problems at all and i hope you are among them.  congrats on your graduation!
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 21
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

The only thing to keep in mind with product change like this is, my Oasis card is protected by Oasis rules and Amex can not cancel the card or CLD on the Oasis Card. At least in normal circumstances. Once I do product change to Clear, I am not sure the same protection applies to the Clear card and I would be vulnerable to CLD/AA from Amex. Again, at this time who cares, we all know about Amex. I'll keep balance low and do PIF before statment cuts. After that what ever happens, happens. I am glad finally I got the Clear which considered as a high end credit card from Amex.
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

how long did you wait before asking for the upgrade, did they check your credit file if yes it was a hard of soft pull and  what was your score. i have my oasis for about 6 months now and i want to upgrade.

thanks

Message 9 of 21
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

how long did you wait before asking for the upgrade, did they check your credit file if yes it was a hard of soft pull and  what was your score. i have my oasis for about 6 months now and i want to upgrade.

thanks

From what I understood, you have to wait 12 months and then you ask for product change or apply for new card. I got my card  Jan/Feb 2008. Quite honestly I have not bothered checking for the scores or what they pulled. My guess is it is a soft inquiry since it is a product change and not a new app. My scores were around 685 on EX / 684 EQ / 705 TU.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.