Super Contributor
concorduser

My Amex Oasis Card Upgraded to Amex Clear.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: My Amex Oasis Card Upgraded to Amex Clear.

Congrats.
Established Contributor
Ulan

Yes, congratulations! :smileyhappy:
Valued Contributor
oracles

Very nice concord

Your hard work is paying off for you and you didn't even have to apply. :smileytongue:

Senior Contributor
FretlessMayhem

Congrats! Was it auto?
Here we go again...
Super Contributor
concorduser

FretlessMayhem wrote:
Congrats! Was it auto?

No. I called and asked them for product change. They said the change would happen on March 23 when my statement cuts. My new clear card would have no AF / 9.9% for purchases / 22.9% for cash advances / I keep my present CL $5k that I have on my Oasis Card. I always wanted an amex charge and amex credit card. Now I am happy that I have a Clear and Amex Gold Charge. I have no more quarrels with Amex.
Senior Contributor
score_building

super congrats, that is awesome!  just don't be disarmed by the product change, as you well know revolvers can still be a really high maintenance endeavor at amex currently.  while some have no problems at all and i hope you are among them.  congrats on your graduation!
FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Super Contributor
concorduser

The only thing to keep in mind with product change like this is, my Oasis card is protected by Oasis rules and Amex can not cancel the card or CLD on the Oasis Card. At least in normal circumstances. Once I do product change to Clear, I am not sure the same protection applies to the Clear card and I would be vulnerable to CLD/AA from Amex. Again, at this time who cares, we all know about Amex. I'll keep balance low and do PIF before statment cuts. After that what ever happens, happens. I am glad finally I got the Clear which considered as a high end credit card from Amex.
Regular Contributor
carlos1102

how long did you wait before asking for the upgrade, did they check your credit file if yes it was a hard of soft pull and  what was your score. i have my oasis for about 6 months now and i want to upgrade.

thanks

Super Contributor
concorduser

carlos1102 wrote:

how long did you wait before asking for the upgrade, did they check your credit file if yes it was a hard of soft pull and  what was your score. i have my oasis for about 6 months now and i want to upgrade.

thanks

From what I understood, you have to wait 12 months and then you ask for product change or apply for new card. I got my card  Jan/Feb 2008. Quite honestly I have not bothered checking for the scores or what they pulled. My guess is it is a soft inquiry since it is a product change and not a new app. My scores were around 685 on EX / 684 EQ / 705 TU.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+