Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Amex Strategy for another Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Amex Strategy for another Card

So as some of you may know im canceling my amex green charge because is useless. 

now i also want a amex revolver. 

so im planning: when i close the green charge is it a good idea to wait a month or two and apply for a revolver like the Everyday or the Bluecash.

or is it good to apply withing the same week.

or apply before i cancel the green charge?

any tips will help.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
yfan
Valued Contributor

Re: My Amex Strategy for another Card

I know, I know! Get the TE, get the TE!

Oh, wait... Smiley Mad

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your file clean then I would apply for the ED before or after you close the green , I doesn't really matter your already in with amex so I don't think they care :/ 

@Anonymous wrote:

So as some of you may know im canceling my amex green charge because is useless. 

now i also want a amex revolver. 

so im planning: when i close the green charge is it a good idea to wait a month or two and apply for a revolver like the Everyday or the Bluecash.

or is it good to apply withing the same week.

or apply before i cancel the green charge?

any tips will help.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read that jetblue might also be in then amex chopping block ! , amex is not what it was before yet they still want to charge ridiculous fees for having their products ! I know broke college kids with gold and green cards ! It's no longer for a specific crowd , especially when you see they now take amex at dollar general ! You can also buy a Big Mac with your MR points (that's not that bad ) but you get my point ?! 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes i understand most of time i use amex for all the house stuff. groceries, gas pool services and things like that. and i want a revolver since its the best option to get the CLI. 

@Anonymous wrote:

I read that jetblue might also be in then amex chopping block ! , amex is not what it was before yet they still want to charge ridiculous fees for having their products ! I know broke college kids with gold and green cards ! It's no longer for a specific crowd , especially when you see they now take amex at dollar general ! You can also buy a Big Mac with your MR points (that's not that bad ) but you get my point ?! 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the ED help me keep my MR points?

Message 6 of 11
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes it does. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks ! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes it does. 

True but he wouldn't lose thrm anyways as he has the PRG

Message 9 of 11
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Are you plannning on keeping PRG long term, if the answer is no, wait for AF to come up with PRG and then apply for ED and cancel PRG. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.