Did you mean: 

My BBY store card reports as Cap1 now!!

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

My BBY store card reports as Cap1 now!!

My BBY account has updated on CreditSecure as Cap1/BestBuy   Smiley Very Happy 

Very cool, that didn't take long!

Anyone know if we'll be getting new cards?

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: My BBY store card reports as Cap1 now!!

@webhopper wrote:

Not anytime soon according to this FAQ. Number 3.

FAQ

Message 2 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

My BBY account has updated on CreditSecure as Cap1/BestBuy   Smiley Very Happy 

Very cool, that didn't take long!

online mine still says HSBC and all that...

When can I hit the "You are stupid to think it's going to do anything" button for a CLI??!

Message 3 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

That link above didn't work for me.......My account also still says HSBC everywhere.  In very fine print on the bottom it says This account is issued by Capital One.

Message 4 of 6
tashia729
Valued Member

@Datx wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Not anytime soon according to this FAQ. Number 3.

FAQ

I received an email last week from BBY that I would be getting a new card.  Of course, it made no mention of the HSBC to Capital One conversion.  Fast forward to today, and my "new card" arrived in the mail.  It looks EXACTLY THE SAME - same acct number, same design, same RZ member number on the back, same credit limit, etc.  THE ONLY DIFFERENCE?  The "HSBC" logo that was on the back of the previous one is now missing.  In fact, that area now is just a black open area.

I can't be sure that this is because it is now a Cap One card (the coupon that came with it still says HSBC Bank Nevada in the fine print), but I'm assuming it is because the logo is gone.  Funny thing - the coupon states that "we noticed you haven't used your card recently.  In case you've misplace it it, here is a new one."  Of course, this card sees HEAVY USAGE every month, so that was definitely my laugh for the day!Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

After checking my reports more closely, it looks like the HSBC account is being deleted completely.  It's only on Equifax now.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.