EXP 725 (Amex) EQ 678 TU 735
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: My BCP and Discover IT are here!!

@Sophiamarie wrote:
Both with scratches all over Smiley Sad

WTH, I would request a replacement card for the BCP have them overnight it to you. Try to do the same for the IT, just tell them that you left it in the washer and then dryer. Smiley Surprised

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 10
Sophiamarie
New Contributor

I called AMEX the rep said they couldnt issue a replacement card within 10 days of a previous one, she said call back january 1st.

Discover IT is sending a new one via Fedex so that's nice.

The BCP is not bad, small lines around the Hologram part of the card. Discover IT was bad.

Anyway, I am so glad I am part of the AMEX family I may overlook those little lines for a couple of days :-P ... Two years ago I had no credit history at all and now look at me with an AMEX card.. All thanks to this forum!!! Smiley Happy

EXP 725 (Amex) EQ 678 TU 735
Message 3 of 10
YahComb
Established Contributor

My statement ends today so my It card will get shipped expedited tomorrow. Hope it's in better condition than yours was lol

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 4 of 10
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I like the nonchalant look of a distressed Amex.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 10
Smug
Established Contributor

It's a card use it, it's going to get scratched up anyways.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 6 of 10
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your new cards! I don't blame you for wanting to have your scratched up cards replaced, especially since they were supposed to be brand new.

Message 7 of 10
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

Congrats on your new cards! I don't blame you for wanting to have your scratched up cards replaced, especially since they were supposed to be brand new.

They have to be field tested before issued. Smiley Very Happy

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sophiamarie wrote:
I called AMEX the rep said they couldnt issue a replacement card within 10 days of a previous one, she said call back january 1st.

Discover IT is sending a new one via Fedex so that's nice.

The BCP is not bad, small lines around the Hologram part of the card. Discover IT was bad.

Anyway, I am so glad I am part of the AMEX family I may overlook those little lines for a couple of days :-P ... Two years ago I had no credit history at all and now look at me with an AMEX card.. All thanks to this forum!!! Smiley Happy

Discover customer service > Amex customer service

(in this situation)

You got them in the mail scratched up?

@drkaje wrote:

I like the nonchalant look of a distressed Amex.

+1
Message 9 of 10
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@ iPeaches,

It came in pretty and then got beaten silly through abnormal wear and tear. I won't call for a replacement unless it's refused by a reader or salesperson.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.