Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My BOA 99/500 Card became Unsecure and new CL is $1K

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

My BOA 99/500 Card became Unsecure and new CL is $1K

I just talked to BOA CSR about unsecuring my 99/500 Card. CSR said, card is about to graduate, but need to check on couple things and put me on hold. Came back and said he could make my card unsecure and give CLI of $500 to make new limit of $1K.  And the deposit check will be mailed to me in 2 weeks. I guess Nine months hard work and discipline with Credit has its own rewards. Hope, I'll get more CLI in future as the card ages.

I have a questions for those of you who had the 99/500 BOA Card. I know the card has an AF of $29 or so when I opened the account. Do we have to pay AF at one year renewal for this card? Or do we have to ask for product change for a card that does not have AF? What is your experience dealing with this card. I dont want to pay AF, if I dont have to.
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My BOA 99/500 Card became Unsecure and new CL is $1K

Concorduser -- congrats on becoming "unsecured"! Smiley Very Happy

I don't know the answer to your question -- but why not call the CSR and ask for the AF to be waived if they were scheduled to charge you?
Message 2 of 26
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Thanks. I think AF is not due till September. I got my account unsecured at 9 month mark so there is 3 more months to go before they assess AF, if there is one at that time.

masdeocho wrote:
Concorduser -- congrats on becoming "unsecured"! Smiley Very Happy

I don't know the answer to your question -- but why not call the CSR and ask for the AF to be waived if they were scheduled to charge you?

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well you're having a good credit day! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 26
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Thanks. It has been long hard work considering where I started last year and where I am now today. I still got some more lates and baddies to get rid off from my CR. I am on the quest to join 700 Club on all three CRs. So far I made it on TU and working on EQ / EX now.

pjxf99 wrote:
Well you're having a good credit day! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super Congrats concorduser!!!!! Smiley Happy

I'm thrilled to see that 9 months of hard work and discipline
rewarded you with an unsecured card with a 1k credit limit.
All doors with BofA are now open to you. You should be VERY
proud of yourself! Smiley Happy

And just so you know, we've had several people here in the forum
who had 99/500 cards report credit limit increases of up to 10k
within 12-18 months. So take care of that card and BofA will
take great care of you. Smiley Happy

Once again, Congratulations on the graduation to unsecured
status and a 1k limit. Enjoy it! Smiley Very Happy

CanDo

"The right attitude is everything"
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

I called to do a product change when mine unsecured. I would assume there would still be the AF if you keep the same card. I wanted one that I could earn something I would use.

When I called to do the product change, he asked if I wanted to increase my credit line. I didn't specifically ask for that, as I was happy with what I had. (But I certainly wasn't going to turn it down either!!)

And somewhere along the way that day, I did get a soft on EX, EQ and a hard pull on TU. It was worth it though. Nobody asked about a hard pull either, so not sure which part of the conversion made that happen.
Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Smiley Happy 8 more months for me...
Message 8 of 26
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Supercongrats concord! I remember you were anxiously waiting for graduation on that card.

BOA CLI requests have been all soft pulls for me. They increased my $5500 card to $10,000 on a soft, and then offered me another $10,000 card which I promptly combined. I got a $20,000 CL from them all from the hard pull from when I financed my car through BOA.

If you're feeling lucky you should attempt CLI.
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot is happening for you today, concorduser.  Congratulations on your new unsecured card status!
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.