Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My BOFA Secured card just Unsecured!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BOFA Secured card just Unsecured!

First off i have to say this forum has helped me out so much it's one of the best credit forums out today. Thank you Myfico family. My limit was $300 now it's $800 they told me i should receive my $300 deposit back in 10 business days. My card was 2 days shy of the 9 month mark but i guess the rep on the phone said i could unsecure it today for you cause your payment history has been very good this past 9 months. QUESTION! should i try to do a product change right now or should i wait a few days or weeks?
Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 04-29-2009 08:13 AM
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Scamp
Valued Contributor

Re: My BOFA Secured card just Unsecured!

Congrats!!  WTG!  Smiley Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONGRATS, mjb!!!! Awesome news! Smiley Happy

I think you should take it slow and easy with BoA right now. Call them to be added to the WorldPoints rewards program, but don't ask for a product change just yet.

One thing that I've learned from BoA is that each of their products have 'minimum credit line required' to obtain. Unfortunately, they won't really tell you on most products (they do state for some) what the minimum credit line required is. Also, they claim to not be doing product changes at the moment (but I don't know if that was a few know-nothing CSRs, or if it's a real policy-- they would not let me product change again) Given the recent rash of AA from BoA, what I think you should do is send yourself a reminder for 6 months from today. In that 6 months, use your card lots and PIF. Go for a CLI, before you go for a product change.

Message 3 of 22
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats mjb!
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

CONGRATS, mjb!!!! Awesome news! Smiley Happy

I think you should take it slow and easy with BoA right now. Call them to be added to the WorldPoints rewards program, but don't ask for a product change just yet.

One thing that I've learned from BoA is that each of their products have 'minimum credit line required' to obtain. Unfortunately, they won't really tell you on most products (they do state for some) what the minimum credit line required is. Also, they claim to not be doing product changes at the moment (but I don't know if that was a few know-nothing CSRs, or if it's a real policy-- they would not let me product change again) Given the recent rash of AA from BoA, what I think you should do is send yourself a reminder for 6 months from today. In that 6 months, use your card lots and PIF. Go for a CLI, before you go for a product change.

Thx for the luv but i thought i read a few threads here that said u should try to do a product change right away because it was hard to get a CLI with the plan BOFA platinum plus card?

So are you saying i should wait 6 months to do a product change? An how can u get in the world points program without doing a product change a little confused here.

Also what is this new thing BOFA has called ADD IT UP!?

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you tell me what number you happened to call?  I've called 3 times now and haven't got anywhere!  The last time I called I got a rude lady that said; "It takes 12 months!".  I'm at 11 months now?  I just don't understand why they haven't shown me the love? Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 22
score_building
Senior Contributor

WTG, congrats mjb!
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Can you tell me what number you happened to call?  I've called 3 times now and haven't got anywhere!  The last time I called I got a rude lady that said; "It takes 12 months!".  I'm at 11 months now?  I just don't understand why they haven't shown me the love? Smiley Sad
BofA: 888-260-4696 (secured accts.)
I think it all depends on who u get one the other line an what type of a mood there in.
Message 8 of 22
Roxlie
Contributor

Give them a call and ask to have the Worldpoints added to your Platinum account.  My card unsecured last month with the same details as yours did and I called them and they went ahead and added it.  They mailed me out a new card as well.  From what I understand though it's not really a product change morwe than just enrolling in the program.  Ask them that way and see if it helps.

Message 9 of 22
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Congrats- did you have any baddies on your reports?

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.