Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Balances - Thoughts?

tag
Jansroom726
Regular Contributor

My Balances - Thoughts?

Hi all,

I wanted to share my current credit card balances to get your opinions.

I'm scared that having such high utilization on my citi cards might spook Chase? Especially with all the current chatter going on with them.

What are your thoughts on my utilization?

**The discover balance I put 3 months worth of rent a bit ago on it - thus I just pay what I normally would on the discover. (Had to meet a spend requirement on the Marriott - and BT'd at 4% the amount on this card for 3 months)

Anyways - your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2015-06-20 at 11.27.06 AM.png

25 years old. Scores around 740. Income = 45K. Chase Car Loan @ 2.4%, AAOA = 2 years. Total Personal CL = 120k.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: My Balances - Thoughts?

@Jansroom726 wrote:

Hi all,

I wanted to share my current credit card balances to get your opinions.

I'm scared that having such high utilization on my citi cards might spook Chase? Especially with all the current chatter going on with them.

What are your thoughts on my utilization?

**The discover balance I put 3 months worth of rent a bit ago on it - thus I just pay what I normally would on the discover. (Had to meet a spend requirement on the Marriott - and BT'd at 4% the amount on this card for 3 months)

Anyways - your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2015-06-20 at 11.27.06 AM.png

10% overall. You are fine. No sweet. 

Message 2 of 5
Bman70
Established Contributor

The Citi balances are pretty high - but you're paying almost $400 a month toward each one? That should go down pretty fast, I wouldn't worry in that case. If you were just paying the minimum, Chase might start to notice you. Other than that, my thoughts are just that $9k is probably as high as you want to go in revolving debt. It can start to get problematic to pay off, leading to minimum payments or ballooning balances. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 3 of 5
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

The Citi balances are pretty high - but you're paying almost $400 a month toward each one? That should go down pretty fast, I wouldn't worry in that case. If you were just paying the minimum, Chase might start to notice you. Other than that, my thoughts are just that $9k is probably as high as you want to go in revolving debt. It can start to get problematic to pay off, leading to minimum payments or ballooning balances. 

+1

Also it looks like you are going to have some high AF coming up.  Ritz not waived the first year $395.  

45K income and $700+ in AFs don't make much sense.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 4 of 5
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

if you keep over three times the minimum payment, for each bill, you should be safe for a little while. Try to avoid adding any more balances to other cards. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.