cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Bank of America card went unsecured Today!!!

tag
Koffee
Valued Member

Re: My Bank of America card went unsecured Today!!!

Thanks and Congratulations!!

7/12/08: TU-602, Eq-597, Exp-581

07/24/08: TU-610, Eq-597, Exp-583

09/01/08: TU-610, Eq-614, Exp-600
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.

Message 12 of 20
cw81
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Koffee wrote:

Justn,

When did you get your card?  I'm waiting for mine to unsecure. I got it on 09/21 and made my first pmt. on 10/21/2008.

My TU is only 590. Not sure if I will get an increase.

Got mine on August 6th.

Congrats   I received mine    9/24/08  I called them this past friday  to have it unsecured  they pulled a hard on EX and gave me the customary  500 CLI and will be sending my  deposit back.

Message 13 of 20
westo12
Established Contributor

Justn,

THANK YOU for the back door number.  I also spoke to a nice lady, who explained why they were not able to graduate my card, even after 13 months of on time payments, no overlimits, etc. They look for any negatives posted to your report within the last year and unfortunately, I had a collection post within that time. 

That said, I know know it will only take 3 mos for that to be past 1 yr and they will unsecure (assuming all other accts pd on time).  She also stated that this should have been a soft inq on my TU (which is what I was told when I asked to be graduated), but it was a hard one and so she disputed with the inquiry dept on my behalf.  They will be mailing me a letter showing that this inq will be reclassified to a soft with TU.  Will let everyone know if this actually happens!

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey can I ask you how long did you have to wait to get your account unsecured? Mine is at 4 months now, account open since Feb 23, 09. Let me know!
Message 15 of 20
cw81
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey can I ask you how long did you have to wait to get your account unsecured? Mine is at 4 months now, account open since Feb 23, 09. Let me know!

9 months is the minimum time required so you have about 5 months more. I just got my  check from FIA  for my deposit in the mail  woohoo this is  a good weekend.  Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

sweet ! when did u get your card unsecured ? i m waiting for my check too Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 20
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@cw81 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

9 months is the minimum time required so you have about 5 months more. I just got my  check from FIA  for my deposit in the mail  woohoo this is  a good weekend.  Smiley Happy

Congrats!!  This is a good weekend!  I made a couple calls yesterday & got 2 CLI's worth $1500 total!!  Smiley Very Happy

Since it's Independance weekend...maybe we're all getting a taste of some financial independance!!  Smiley Wink

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 18 of 20
cw81
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
sweet ! when did u get your card unsecured ? i m waiting for my check too Smiley Wink

I got my unsecured on  6/26   they told me  about 10 -14  biz  days  to get it but  it came very quickly,

Message 19 of 20
cw81
Frequent Contributor

@BungalowMo wrote:
 Congrats!!  This is a good weekend!  I made a couple calls yesterday & got 2 CLI's worth $1500 total!!  Smiley Very Happy

Since it's Independance weekend...maybe we're all getting a taste of some financial independance!!  Smiley Wink

Thanks I agree  Mo  I got about  2600 in  CLI's  this  independence day weekend so  I am pretty pleased Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.