Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Barclay Rewards MC won't go away...

tag
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

My Barclay Rewards MC won't go away...

Weird story. I called Barclay's on 12/13 (Day 365 of my account since opening) to close my account. After being queried as to why I was closing my account, I was told they would close it without any problems (or atttempts on their part to keep me as a customer).  

Interestingly, I saw no updates to my CK reports (and they were quick to report when I closed my previous Apple iTunes Rewards Card), so I accessed my account online, and wouldn't you know it, my card was still listed as active. I sent a SM to verify that my account was closed, and they verified that it was still open! Incidentally, they also stated that sending a secure message is an appropriate way to communicate my request to close the account. Funny, I thought calling would have done the same thing.

So, while some folks have had issues with Barclay's and AA, I have the opposite luck.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: My Barclay Rewards MC won't go away...

I also closed mine at the 1 year mark.  It took a few days to say "closed" (still had $500 limit even though I moved entire limit to Ring).  It was finally removed from accounts a few months later.  I assume it's to make sure no charges pend.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.