Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Barclays Ring Got Jacked!!!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

My Barclays Ring Got Jacked!!!

Checked my acct this morning and found SIX temp authorizations on my Ring that I knew nothing about. One was $300 from Macy's. I called customer service in a panic and was told that thankfully the charges were declined because they didn't have all my info. I'm assuming zip code. But that they would show under temps for up to a week. No affect on available balance. This is my daily card so there's no telling when it got cloned. My roommate's Wells Fargo DEBIT card number was stolen this past weekend and she lost almost $400. Wells Fargo said it would take up to TEN days to refund. That is why I refuse to use my debit card. Be careful folks and check your accounts. These scumbags are out in full affect!! Smiley Mad
Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Barclays Ring Got Jacked!!!

@baller4life wrote:
Checked my acct this morning and found SIX temp authorizations on my Ring that I knew nothing about. One was $300 from Macy's. I called customer service in a panic and was told that thankfully the charges were declined because they didn't have all my info. I'm assuming zip code. But that they would show under temps for up to a week. No affect on available balance. This is my daily card so there's no telling when it got cloned. My roommate's Wells Fargo DEBIT card number was stolen this past weekend and she lost almost $400. Wells Fargo said it would take up to TEN days to refund. That is why I refuse to use my debit card. Be careful folks and check your accounts. These scumbags are out in full affect!! Smiley Mad

Got a brand new Chase saphire account and kept it in SD for up two 3 months now, never used it even once, next thing i see is a charge for 9.99 for spotify, called custumer service and got transfered to security department, she said, they have probably guessed a random number and it happened to be me in this case, had to cancel this account number and wil get a new card, and thats only after 3 months of getting a new number and a new card.

Message 2 of 79
baller4life
Super Contributor

That is just crazy!!! WOW!! I wish these bums would just get a job and stop stealing from hard-working people! SMH!!
Message 3 of 79
baller4life
Super Contributor

This is my second card to be compromised. Both Barclays. Weird!!!! Hopefully this whole chip and pin conversion next year will cut down on all this fraud.
Message 4 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's so weird because the same thing happened to me with my CITI Diamond card. On Saturday i decided to use the card for the first time since I got it 2 months ago. I made 2 purchases, grand total was $80. I come home to check my account and see $900 worth of pending charges. I made sure I didn't lose the card. I quickly called in and had the situation taken care of.
Message 5 of 79
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
That's so weird because the same thing happened to me with my CITI Diamond card. On Saturday i decided to use the card for the first time since I got it 2 months ago. I made 2 purchases, grand total was $80. I come home to check my account and see $900 worth of pending charges. I made sure I didn't lose the card. I quickly called in and had the situation taken care of.

Wow!! Sorry to hear that!! That's why it's so important to stay on top of your accounts.

Message 6 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awful! Glad you were on top of it. I'm addicted to logging into each of my accounts daily to check them all over....your post makes me want to do another lap today. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 79
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Awful! Glad you were on top of it. I'm addicted to logging into each of my accounts daily to check them all over....your post makes me want to do another lap today. Smiley Happy

You HAVE to check daily in today's world. Sad, but TRUE! Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 79
CreditHealthy
Established Contributor

Glad you caught it in time baller!! I have OCD when it comes to my cards, I log on daily.

What's in my sock drawer? NFCU LOC 15,000] NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000][ Golden 1Platinum Rewards Card 6,600 Discover It 5,000,] {NFCU goRewards 17,500} Barclaycard 1250.00,]Cap one 750.00 ], Watering my garden for the next five years:-)
EQUIFAX 727 EXPERIAN 732 TRANSUNION 743 FICO} STARTING SCORE....554 July 2013
Message 9 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

I log in daily to the accounts i use frequently and check up on other ones as well every other day or two.

Message 10 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.