Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Barclays Ring Got Jacked!!!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: My Barclays Ring Got Jacked!!!

Now Wells Fargo has the nerve to want to charge a $10 monthly fee if I don't use debit card at least 10 times monthly. HA!! Good luck with that. Ain't gonna happen. I hate them anyways. Looking for a new banking home. Maybe CU route.
Message 61 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
Now Wells Fargo has the nerve to want to charge a $10 monthly fee if I don't use debit card at least 10 times monthly. HA!! Good luck with that. Ain't gonna happen. I hate them anyways. Looking for a new banking home. Maybe CU route.

Screw that. I don't know if they still sell $0.01 stamps at the post office. But i'd do the 10 swipes that way if I had to.

Message 62 of 79
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the Info. Chase has a good online Site, I check it every day on my Freedom also.

Message 63 of 79
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

+1. LOL. My bank does the same thing, so i find something for a Quarter or less, and then do 10 charges

Message 64 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you got that taken care of!

I had a $150 charge on my Discover which someone used up North.......Im in Florida Smiley Mad Thankfuly, I check my accounts every day and called their security dept right away. I never use my debit card - too much risk.

Message 65 of 79
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Glad you got that taken care of!

I had a $150 charge on my Discover which someone used up North.......Im in Florida Smiley Mad Thankfuly, I check my accounts every day and called their security dept right away. I never use my debit card - too much risk.

Yea too much risk using debit card. That will never happen. I'll just have to pay the $10 fee until I find another bank. Anybody know of free checking without debit card use requirement?

Message 66 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase if you have direct deposit.
Message 67 of 79
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Chase if you have direct deposit.

Or maintain a balance of  $1500+ (I have to do this as my job does not offer direct deposit). 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 68 of 79
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Many internet banks and/or local banks have totally free checking accounts.   I've opened 4 or 5 this year.

Bankrate.com is a resource,  Select Checking, non-interest and enter your zip, and it will show several local banks, some with the monthly fee listed as 0.   It doesn't seem complete, missing out one of the accounts that I opened, but a good start.

Free checking accounts with no minimum is now pretty common, outside of the big banks.     And even with them, such as the Fidelity CMA (used with the Fidelity credit card)

Message 69 of 79
baller4life
Super Contributor

Thanks everyone. I hate Wells Fargo!Smiley Mad
Message 70 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.