Reply
Established Member
rg23
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎02-15-2011
0

My Best Buy MC platinum CC????

 Received an upgraded letter today in mail form Best Buy.

 the letter stated that I can upgraded my store card to a MC

platinum credit card....what's the verdict on this card.

 

rewards 

2% back in dining and groceries

1%  back on all other purchases



FICO EQ 684 TU08 734 EX08 FNBO 722
Valued Contributor
gdale6
Posts: 9,413
Registered: ‎12-13-2013
0

Re: My Best Buy MC platinum CC????


rg23 wrote:

 Received an upgraded letter today in mail form Best Buy.

 the letter stated that I can upgraded my store card to a MC

platinum credit card....what's the verdict on this card.

 

rewards 

2% back in dining and groceries

1%  back on all other purchases


Over the last week I have seen several individuals asking whether to cancel their BB cards as they seem to not be willing to give any real CLs. If you accept it I would not look to it  becoming a card with a major CL.

EX Cred Ses 12/14: 796 ; EX Fico 04 V2 06/14: 775; EX Fico 08 07/14 778 ; EX Fico 08 BC 11/14: 793
EQ Fico 05/14 781 ; EQ MPM 12/14: 750
TU Fico 8 12/14: 719; TU MPM 06/14 706
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 22,064
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: My Best Buy MC platinum CC????


gdale6 wrote:

rg23 wrote:

 Received an upgraded letter today in mail form Best Buy.

 the letter stated that I can upgraded my store card to a MC

platinum credit card....what's the verdict on this card.

 

rewards 

2% back in dining and groceries

1%  back on all other purchases


Over the last week I have seen several individuals asking whether to cancel their BB cards as they seem to not be willing to give any real CLs. If you accept it I would not look to it  becoming a card with a major CL.


Big difference to us who either had a best buy store card "B Level" or the lower limit MasterCard with or without annual fee that use to be offered by HSBC for just about any credit rating.

someone that has a store card with several thousand cl or mc with no af and several thousand cl probably just have to take the hp and they can go up a lot... Many board members have 10,20, even $40k limit store and MasterCard best buy and I assume since they now offer the same 0% offers on the MasterCard they are trying to swap people out and hope they burry themselves by charging over top of their 0% in store charges with MasterCard outside best buy purchases!!! Brilliant plan actually but if you understand it and handle it correctly and are a best buy shopper it's actually a pretty good card when you step up to elite status on the rewards program

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Member
rg23
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎02-15-2011
0

Re: My Best Buy MC platinum CC????


Creditaddict wrote:

gdale6 wrote:

rg23 wrote:

 Received an upgraded letter today in mail form Best Buy.

 the letter stated that I can upgraded my store card to a MC

platinum credit card....what's the verdict on this card.

 

rewards 

2% back in dining and groceries

1%  back on all other purchases


Over the last week I have seen several individuals asking whether to cancel their BB cards as they seem to not be willing to give any real CLs. If you accept it I would not look to it  becoming a card with a major CL.


Big difference to us who either had a best buy store card "B Level" or the lower limit MasterCard with or without annual fee that use to be offered by HSBC for just about any credit rating.

someone that has a store card with several thousand cl or mc with no af and several thousand cl probably just have to take the hp and they can go up a lot... Many board members have 10,20, even $40k limit store and MasterCard best buy and I assume since they now offer the same 0% offers on the MasterCard they are trying to swap people out and hope they burry themselves by charging over top of their 0% in store charges with MasterCard outside best buy purchases!!! Brilliant plan actually but if you understand it and handle it correctly and are a best buy shopper it's actually a pretty good card when you step up to elite status on the rewards program


thanks for the reply..

i definitely see your point of view..Citi trying to capture outside sales. I currently have a 10K credit line, so hopefully I fall in with those who have made there cards grow to 25Kplus.



FICO EQ 684 TU08 734 EX08 FNBO 722
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 22,064
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: My Best Buy MC platinum CC????


rg23 wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

gdale6 wrote:

rg23 wrote:

 Received an upgraded letter today in mail form Best Buy.

 the letter stated that I can upgraded my store card to a MC

platinum credit card....what's the verdict on this card.

 

rewards 

2% back in dining and groceries

1%  back on all other purchases


Over the last week I have seen several individuals asking whether to cancel their BB cards as they seem to not be willing to give any real CLs. If you accept it I would not look to it  becoming a card with a major CL.


Big difference to us who either had a best buy store card "B Level" or the lower limit MasterCard with or without annual fee that use to be offered by HSBC for just about any credit rating.

someone that has a store card with several thousand cl or mc with no af and several thousand cl probably just have to take the hp and they can go up a lot... Many board members have 10,20, even $40k limit store and MasterCard best buy and I assume since they now offer the same 0% offers on the MasterCard they are trying to swap people out and hope they burry themselves by charging over top of their 0% in store charges with MasterCard outside best buy purchases!!! Brilliant plan actually but if you understand it and handle it correctly and are a best buy shopper it's actually a pretty good card when you step up to elite status on the rewards program


thanks for the reply..

i definitely see your point of view..Citi trying to capture outside sales. I currently have a 10K credit line, so hopefully I fall in with those who have made there cards grow to 25Kplus.


If your TU looks good id take the upgrade and if it doesn't come with cli request it online for above your highest current cl!!! (That's what I say)

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}