Did you mean: 

My Big App Spree - 18 Apps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Big App Spree - 18 Apps

@CreditWorld2013 wrote:

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

The fact that you're a new visitor and this is your first post has me skeptical.

I want to believe... but I'll let others believe.

Post pics of your cards when you get them in, maybe I'll believe. You can blur the numbers out.

Personally, I'm thinking the same thing. I don't see how 18 apps = 10 inquiries. Also the link is practically promoting a personal site. So I believe the post is simply trying to get people to follow along and generate traffic for his/her site. 

Citi only pulled once for the three apps, 1 app was auto-rejected and the other two were combined. That happens a lot with the same issuer pulls the same bureau for apps on the same day. Citizen's only pulled once for those two apps too. Same with Amex on the two Personal apps. And Barclays on the NFL and personal US Airways. 

Message 11 of 22
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Remember this is MyFico where pulling a INQ to most people is like a kiss of death typical over reaction to something that plays very little in your over all credit picture. I am one that does not prescribe to such conservative thought and get approved with well over 10 Inq on all my reports. So I tend to beleive him

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Okay, I agree about promoting BUT still not out of question and if true - I feel like this is just another person that backs up my who cares about INQ and new accounts (AA) yes, some denials happened, but I rather bag all the credit and sit back then plan it out over 5 years (unless house shopping)

Now the part that I'm a little more amazed at is the HIGH limits on almost all of the approvals.

Now the question is:

1. What is income on APP

2. You say 25? accounts before app spree - can you lay out maybe 5 lowest limit and 5 highest limit bank and card out of that 25 and oldest and youngest accounts.

I'm with you that Inquiries over 90 days old are very overrated, and especially over 6 months. I had a ton open when I did my last refi, and I was only asked to explain the last 6 months for the lender. I froze Experian since it got hit hard, but I'll probably try 1-2 more that I missed in 90 days and hope they go to Equifax or TU.
120k-ish income on all apps. I do expect to get an FR from Amex, which should pass. I had a FR two years ago from them, and sent in the 4506T.

The new Bank of America cards weren't new credit, they were moved from other, unused lines. I think all the other cards are new credit.

Previous highest 5 limit cards were a 25.6k Penfed Card, a 22.5k Barclays College Branded Card, a 13k Citi Forward, a 15k FIA card, and a 20k BoA card.

Oldest cards are 13 years old, several 9 years old, newest were 60 days old (2 Citi American Airlines cards.)

Message 13 of 22
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

Wow! What a spree! Congrats on your approvals...

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 14 of 22
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Impressive, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 15 of 22
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

I believe this 100%. The results are very realistic, and I congratulate you on your successes. 

The one thing I do wonder about is are you going to be able to spend enough to meet the promotional bonuses without going into debt???

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 16 of 22
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

Congrats regardless. If you really got all that, it's definitely a spree of sprees.

I also do not care about hard inquiries. Still getting approved with my 16 on each bureau.

Message 17 of 22
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:

I believe this 100%. The results are very realistic, and I congratulate you on your successes. 

The one thing I do wonder about is are you going to be able to spend enough to meet the promotional bonuses without going into debt???

I've often thought of this, myself SnackTrader...many people like to open up accounts all at the same time so that they "age together"...but when you apply for a good number of cards at the same time that require large sums of spend in the 3 month timeframe, and now you have to spend way over $10,000+ in 3 months, you really have to consider if you do actually reasonably spend that $10,000+ in 3 months!

I'm sure many people can do it, especially if they're planning vacations, using the spend on business stuff, etc. but for the average joe, income considered, can they actually pull this off REASONABLY?

If they don't mind interest, or majority of the cards are 0% interest for yada yada months, and know they'll have the cash on hand, then i'm sure it works out just fine Smiley Happy

Other people suggest applying the spending on gifts cards you would use for places you know you will go to, therefore easing the fact that "hey, i may not spend this $10,000+ in 3 months, but i know down the road i will!" and that's great and all, if you have the cash up front to "pre-pay" your typical habits. if you don't, then you'll wind up paying interest in the long run, reducing the net gain of your rewards

and in absolutely no way am i knocking anybody who has done any of the above...i'm sure everyone has managed it well, whether they had a particular way or reason to meet the spending, and how they dealt with it afterward Smiley Happy just my thought process of how it all works out!

Message 18 of 22
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

I've often thought of this, myself SnackTrader...many people like to open up accounts all at the same time so that they "age together"...but when you apply for a good number of cards at the same time that require large sums of spend in the 3 month timeframe, and now you have to spend way over $10,000+ in 3 months, you really have to consider if you do actually reasonably spend that $10,000+ in 3 months!

I'm sure many people can do it, especially if they're planning vacations, using the spend on business stuff, etc. but for the average joe, income considered, can they actually pull this off REASONABLY?

If they don't mind interest, or majority of the cards are 0% interest for yada yada months, and know they'll have the cash on hand, then i'm sure it works out just fine Smiley Happy

Other people suggest applying the spending on gifts cards you would use for places you know you will go to, therefore easing the fact that "hey, i may not spend this $10,000+ in 3 months, but i know down the road i will!" and that's great and all, if you have the cash up front to "pre-pay" your typical habits. if you don't, then you'll wind up paying interest in the long run, reducing the net gain of your rewards

and in absolutely no way am i knocking anybody who has done any of the above...i'm sure everyone has managed it well, whether they had a particular way or reason to meet the spending, and how they dealt with it afterward Smiley Happy just my thought process of how it all works out!

Exactly! This is why I try to bring it up when I see someone talking about a big app spree. Sprees are great if you consider ALL of the consequences. But going into debt is not worth it to me. I pay all of my 0% interest cards in full each month because I'm a budget freak and can't stand the idea of going into debt now for no reason and having a real emergency come up down the road. 

I just want people to be happy and financially healthy, so I will continue to bring up the promotional bonuses. The banks have them there for a purpose. They know customers will do whatever it takes to hit those bonuses. It is more or less guaranteeing swipe revenue. But for us consumers we shouldn't go into debt for bank revenues. 

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 19 of 22
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Good googly moogly!!  Congrats on the approvals!!!

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.