Reply
New Member
Rajin
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎02-27-2013

Re: My Big App Spree - 18 Apps


CreditWorld2013 wrote:

Johnny_Favorite wrote:

The fact that you're a new visitor and this is your first post has me skeptical.


I want to believe... but I'll let others believe.

 

Post pics of your cards when you get them in, maybe I'll believe. You can blur the numbers out.


Personally, I'm thinking the same thing. I don't see how 18 apps = 10 inquiries. Also the link is practically promoting a personal site. So I believe the post is simply trying to get people to follow along and generate traffic for his/her site. 


 

Citi only pulled once for the three apps, 1 app was auto-rejected and the other two were combined. That happens a lot with the same issuer pulls the same bureau for apps on the same day. Citizen's only pulled once for those two apps too. Same with Amex on the two Personal apps. And Barclays on the NFL and personal US Airways. 

Established Contributor
dodgeball
Posts: 761
Registered: ‎10-16-2007

Re: My Big App Spree - 18 Apps

Remember this is MyFico where pulling a INQ to most people is like a kiss of death typical over reaction to something that plays very little in your over all credit picture. I am one that does not prescribe to such conservative thought and get approved with well over 10 Inq on all my reports. So I tend to beleive him

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,


IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1









Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
New Member
Rajin
Posts: 10
Registered: ‎02-27-2013

Re: My Big App Spree - 18 Apps

[ Edited ]

Creditaddict wrote:

Okay, I agree about promoting BUT still not out of question and if true - I feel like this is just another person that backs up my who cares about INQ and new accounts (AA) yes, some denials happened, but I rather bag all the credit and sit back then plan it out over 5 years (unless house shopping)

 

Now the part that I'm a little more amazed at is the HIGH limits on almost all of the approvals.

 

Now the question is:

1. What is income on APP

2. You say 25? accounts before app spree - can you lay out maybe 5 lowest limit and 5 highest limit bank and card out of that 25 and oldest and youngest accounts.


 

 

I'm with you that Inquiries over 90 days old are very overrated, and especially over 6 months. I had a ton open when I did my last refi, and I was only asked to explain the last 6 months for the lender. I froze Experian since it got hit hard, but I'll probably try 1-2 more that I missed in 90 days and hope they go to Equifax or TU.
120k-ish income on all apps. I do expect to get an FR from Amex, which should pass. I had a FR two years ago from them, and sent in the 4506T.


The new Bank of America cards weren't new credit, they were moved from other, unused lines. I think all the other cards are new credit.

Previous highest 5 limit cards were a 25.6k Penfed Card, a 22.5k Barclays College Branded Card, a 13k Citi Forward, a 15k FIA card, and a 20k BoA card.

Oldest cards are 13 years old, several 9 years old, newest were 60 days old (2 Citi American Airlines cards.)

Established Contributor
searchingfor67
Posts: 668
Registered: ‎08-02-2011

Re: My Big App Spree - 18 Apps

Wow! What a spree! Congrats on your approvals...

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCP $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $10.1K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Discover IT $9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $10K | USAA World MC $9K
Valued Contributor
Epcot
Posts: 2,777
Registered: ‎10-10-2012

Re: My Big App Spree - 18 Apps

Impressive, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 809 EX 774 TU 805
App free since 4/11/13
Valued Contributor
SnackTrader
Posts: 1,563
Registered: ‎09-15-2012

Re: My Big App Spree - 18 Apps

[ Edited ]

I believe this 100%. The results are very realistic, and I congratulate you on your successes. 

 

The one thing I do wonder about is are you going to be able to spend enough to meet the promotional bonuses without going into debt???


In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $22.200, Chase CSP (4/14) $12,000, Barclaycard Arrival (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600, Cap1 Cash Rewards (6/12) $9,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $5,000

Last App: April 2, 2014
Regular Contributor
Johnny_Favorite
Posts: 266
Registered: ‎09-05-2012

Re: My Big App Spree - 18 Apps

Congrats regardless. If you really got all that, it's definitely a spree of sprees.

 

I also do not care about hard inquiries. Still getting approved with my 16 on each bureau.




Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe
Posts: 1,653
Registered: ‎11-17-2012

Re: My Big App Spree - 18 Apps


SnackTrader wrote:

I believe this 100%. The results are very realistic, and I congratulate you on your successes. 

 

The one thing I do wonder about is are you going to be able to spend enough to meet the promotional bonuses without going into debt???


I've often thought of this, myself SnackTrader...many people like to open up accounts all at the same time so that they "age together"...but when you apply for a good number of cards at the same time that require large sums of spend in the 3 month timeframe, and now you have to spend way over $10,000+ in 3 months, you really have to consider if you do actually reasonably spend that $10,000+ in 3 months!

 

I'm sure many people can do it, especially if they're planning vacations, using the spend on business stuff, etc. but for the average joe, income considered, can they actually pull this off REASONABLY?

 

If they don't mind interest, or majority of the cards are 0% interest for yada yada months, and know they'll have the cash on hand, then i'm sure it works out just fine :smileyhappy:

 

Other people suggest applying the spending on gifts cards you would use for places you know you will go to, therefore easing the fact that "hey, i may not spend this $10,000+ in 3 months, but i know down the road i will!" and that's great and all, if you have the cash up front to "pre-pay" your typical habits. if you don't, then you'll wind up paying interest in the long run, reducing the net gain of your rewards

 

and in absolutely no way am i knocking anybody who has done any of the above...i'm sure everyone has managed it well, whether they had a particular way or reason to meet the spending, and how they dealt with it afterward :smileyhappy: just my thought process of how it all works out!

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k

EQ FICO 737 TU FICO 746 Credit Karma (TU) 780 Transrisk 816/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 762 Credit.com (EX) 763 VantageScore 3.0 733
Valued Contributor
SnackTrader
Posts: 1,563
Registered: ‎09-15-2012

Re: My Big App Spree - 18 Apps


daybreakgonesXe wrote:

SnackTrader wrote:

I believe this 100%. The results are very realistic, and I congratulate you on your successes. 

 

The one thing I do wonder about is are you going to be able to spend enough to meet the promotional bonuses without going into debt???


I've often thought of this, myself SnackTrader...many people like to open up accounts all at the same time so that they "age together"...but when you apply for a good number of cards at the same time that require large sums of spend in the 3 month timeframe, and now you have to spend way over $10,000+ in 3 months, you really have to consider if you do actually reasonably spend that $10,000+ in 3 months!

 

I'm sure many people can do it, especially if they're planning vacations, using the spend on business stuff, etc. but for the average joe, income considered, can they actually pull this off REASONABLY?

 

If they don't mind interest, or majority of the cards are 0% interest for yada yada months, and know they'll have the cash on hand, then i'm sure it works out just fine :smileyhappy:

 

Other people suggest applying the spending on gifts cards you would use for places you know you will go to, therefore easing the fact that "hey, i may not spend this $10,000+ in 3 months, but i know down the road i will!" and that's great and all, if you have the cash up front to "pre-pay" your typical habits. if you don't, then you'll wind up paying interest in the long run, reducing the net gain of your rewards

 

and in absolutely no way am i knocking anybody who has done any of the above...i'm sure everyone has managed it well, whether they had a particular way or reason to meet the spending, and how they dealt with it afterward :smileyhappy: just my thought process of how it all works out!


Exactly! This is why I try to bring it up when I see someone talking about a big app spree. Sprees are great if you consider ALL of the consequences. But going into debt is not worth it to me. I pay all of my 0% interest cards in full each month because I'm a budget freak and can't stand the idea of going into debt now for no reason and having a real emergency come up down the road. 

 

I just want people to be happy and financially healthy, so I will continue to bring up the promotional bonuses. The banks have them there for a purpose. They know customers will do whatever it takes to hit those bonuses. It is more or less guaranteeing swipe revenue. But for us consumers we shouldn't go into debt for bank revenues. 


In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $22.200, Chase CSP (4/14) $12,000, Barclaycard Arrival (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600, Cap1 Cash Rewards (6/12) $9,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $5,000

Last App: April 2, 2014
Established Contributor
Pilotdude
Posts: 955
Registered: ‎02-02-2013

Re: My Big App Spree - 18 Apps

Good googly moogly!!  Congrats on the approvals!!!


NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+