Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Cap One Approval Papers..

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

My Cap One Approval Papers..

So I got papers in the mail saying my card was approved and my CL was 20000.00 and APR was 20.9 and my score which they pulled all 3 but guess that they only mention highest one, was EQ and 687.

I was a little surprised that they gave me this high of a limit, with my score...but I am assuming that they took into account my 175k income and credit limits with other creditors and not just my score alone ?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My Cap One Approval Papers..

@Andy77 wrote:

So I got papers in the mail saying my card was approved and my CL was 20000.00 and APR was 20.9 and my score which they pulled all 3 but guess that they only mention highest one, was EQ and 687.

I was a little surprised that they gave me this high of a limit, with my score...but I am assuming that they took into account my 175k income and credit limits with other creditors and not just my score alone ?

Grats on the fantastic CL and yes they do take into account limits with others and your income, no creditor decides a CL on score alone. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Did you apply for a Quicksilver? That's the exact limit and APR i got on my QuickSilver Signature. Get read to battle them for an APR reduction.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 3 of 11
Andy77
Valued Contributor

No, I got the blue Venture card...but maybe I should have done the QS ...oh well....

Message 4 of 11
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

No, I got the blue Venture card...but maybe I should have done the QS ...oh well....

Well, im guessing you got the venture card with an annual fee for a reason. I have the VentureOne and Quicksilver Card. Venture cards are great for your travels while Quicksilver is pretty much great for everything, if you like cashback as opposed to miles.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Message 5 of 11
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I got the one with the AF.  I will use it and garden for two years and then try for the QS.  I wonder if they would give me anotehr 20k card ?

Message 6 of 11
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

I got the one with the AF.  I will use it and garden for two years and then try for the QS.  I wonder if they would give me anotehr 20k card ?

Wahoo...I wonder why i read 5k the first time lol. My mistake, they gave me 5k on the QS, not 20k.

Message 7 of 11
RCFL
Frequent Contributor

and you should receive your card within 2 days. I applied for the Venture card and was instantly approved for 10k; like you, I couldn't believe it too. After the 'instant approved' I keep on calling the 1800 to check the status and it keeps saying they have received my application and are reviewing it. It got me nervous because in my head, I thought NO WAY they give me 10k off the bat especially with my 4 years old Bk7 (and my highest limit at the time is 3500 from Discover). I gather my guts and called the 1800 number again and spoke with a representative. Asked her about the status of the application... and she said I was approved. I got the card a few days ago and already spent 400$ on it... 2600$ to go so I can earn that 40k miles. The card looks great too. Loving it so far. And I am expecting a credit line increase from them soon on my QS1.. Have it for 5 months now ... and made like 6k payment on it so far. Hope they'll give me a great CLI on it and then I'll try to have it switch over to the regular QS... or the Mastercard World. 

Message 8 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

WOW, $20k instant out of Cap1 with 687!!!

Did you have pre-approval online or did you cold apply?

Message 9 of 11
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I had a pre-approval for one of their "average credit" cards, so I rolled the dice and applied for the venture ...since I had multiple accounts with over 5k limits for more then 3 years...BUT I have a bk on my file from 2009...so I did not meet all their Excellent credit critera..

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.