Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Cap1 LOL CLI request

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

My Cap1 LOL CLI request

So, I called in to request a CLI today considering my card is just shy of a year old. I knew I was going to get declined (This is Cap1 we're talking about) but let me share with you all this response I got:

"Due to the current economic situation we can not grant you a CLI at this time. We base our decisions on the current economic situation and how many CLI's we have given to others and unfortunately we are unable to grant you one at this time"

Smiley Indifferent

Really?

Yes, I understand this is a rebuilder card. But for the love of god, WORK with me here Cap1!!!!!! Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: My Cap1 LOL CLI request

At least they are coming up with more creative excuses now.   Instead of "Your card isn't elligible for a CLI and never will receive one.   Ever."

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

LMBO....that's classic. You can only get gems like this when calling in...the monkey button isn't as creative!

What's the current limit? Under $1000?

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 6
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

It's a starter card, cap one has the sub-prime cards setup at a limit of how much revovling on all accounts.  You have to switch to a prime card to see big CLI.  This is the reason why AMEX and other companies don't take as much heat on the limits.

Message 4 of 6
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

So, I called in to request a CLI today considering my card is just shy of a year old. I knew I was going to get declined (This is Cap1 we're talking about) but let me share with you all this response I got:

"Due to the current economic situation we can not grant you a CLI at this time. We base our decisions on the current economic situation and how many CLI's we have given to others and unfortunately we are unable to grant you one at this time"

Smiley Indifferent

Really?

Yes, I understand this is a rebuilder card. But for the love of god, WORK with me here Cap1!!!!!! Smiley Mad

Wow really?? Who exactly recieved CLIs?? lol...

*sarcasm* I'd give it a try at the start of business day on July 2nd, as July 1st is a Sunday. Maybe we will all get CLIs if we do this.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 5 of 6
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

+1 to that!. Amex, Chase, Discover all have terrific persons in their customer service departments. Their responses are more refined, personal, and highly professional. The "cold or unemotional" responses of some cc's seems to mitigate additional questions which minimizes angry clients and shortens telephone talk time. So do not take it personally. The three P's are your best friend. Pay on time, Pay in Full, and patience. Time is improved credit's best friend.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.