Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Capital One Card Graduated Today and Discover [Update]

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Capital One Card Graduated Today and Discover [Update]

UPDATE 5/23: After a week, I was able to upgrade my Platinum to a Quicksilver No Annual Fee card using the upgrade link in this thread. My card number, balance, and everything stays the same. I hope I can get CLI because my limit is only 500. Smiley Frustrated Just wanted to update and give a data point.

I got an email from Capital One about my card being upgraded.

I applied applied and paid the $49.00 Deposit in June 2016 for a $200 credit limit. My first statement cut in July. I got a $300 increase at the 6th month mark in December.

My 11th statement cut May 6th, and this morning (7 days later) they sent the email about upgrading to unsecure. 

I started out with an scores between 530-537 and I had one baddie which was a student loan. I got started into loan rehab to get back in good standing. I also got the  student loan removed from my report thanks to early exlcusion, which I learned about here on Myfico!! So that helped a ton!!

Now, almost a year later my scores are between 705 - 715.

Also my Discover secured card graduated right after the 7 statement cut, and I got my deposit back. They upped my limit from $200 to $1,000.  I will ask for CLI soon, I am curious if they give me a 0%apr for X months or a lower apr. If any knows please let me know if this is possible.

Also for the capital one platinum, are upgrades to the quicksilver possible?  Thanks for any info on this.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Capital One Card Graduated Today and Discover

@Anonymous wrote:

Also for the capital one platinum, are upgrades to the quicksilver possible?  Thanks for any info on this.

I'm curious about this also -- a lot of people have said their Platinum DID upgrae to QuickSilver, but none of them really mention if it started as a secured platinum or not.  Please try the upgrade link on the Capital One website to see if you are eligible already for the upgrade since they're refunding your security deposit!

The upgrade link is here: https://verified.capitalone.com/sic-ui/#/esignin?Product=Card&Action=ProductUpgrade

And report back if/when it is upgrade-worthy.

Message 2 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Hey congrats on the awesome news with both of your cards graduating, our Cap One also graduated after 11 mths , we did get a Pc to QS but have seen absolutely no CLI love since they upped the CL after the 6 statement cut
Message 3 of 25
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  You have made fantastic progress!  If your student loan is still active,  then all you need is one more credit card account and you will be in a prime condition in less than a year. 

Congrats again OP! Great job. 

Best credit wishes to you. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Yes the platinum can upgrade straight to a Quicksilver. There's an upgrade link on one of the posts here that shows if you have any upgrades eligible. Just keep checking it to see when it'll upgrade. My guess is it'll at least be 6 months but you never know. Some claim an upgraded card always has issues with big cli increases. If you can take the hit, applying for a Quicksilver then combining limits may be your fastest route.
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Hey congrats on the awesome news with both of your cards graduating, our Cap One also graduated after 11 mths , we did get a Pc to QS but have seen absolutely no CLI love since they upped the CL after the 6 statement cut

Awesome to hear -- great data point since I never read that before about secured graduating and then being able to upgrade.  Did you upgrade immediately after graduation from secured?

Message 6 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

And yes ours DID START AS A SECURED PLATINUM, we got unsecured after 11 mths. And we just got the offer to Pc this mth , which is 1.3 years
Message 7 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

So it took us about 4 mths from the time of graduating to Pc
Message 8 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

For another data pt I had checked to see if we could Pc right around the time it unsecured via chat and they said no offers were there , I just used MyLoFico's link the other day and there was the offer to upgrade
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
For another data pt I had checked to see if we could Pc right around the time it unsecured via chat and they said no offers were there , I just used MyLoFico's link the other day and there was the offer to upgrade

Ah so you called, then waited 4 months, then checked the upgrade link online?

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.