Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Cards for October

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

My Cards for October

Here are the new cards I got in October.

Macy's $100 / Dillards $200 /OldNavy $200
Target  $200 / JC Penny $800 / HSBC Discover $750
Spiegel $500

I made purchases and already made the payments. Hope they will increase the limits on these cards soon and hope it will help my Fico will go back up in the next few months.

For November, I am waiting to hear back from Ebay/Paypal Credit.  I had about 5 year history with Paypal. I hope they will count that also when they approve the ebay account.

Let us see what else November brings. Trying to catch up with Ashabir1.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Cards for October

who needs colts vs patriots when we have concorduser vs Ashabir1
Message 2 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Badcreditguy wrote:
who needs colts vs patriots when we have concorduser vs Ashabir1

Smiley Very Happy

My activity in October - a 567% increase in CL of one of my 3 CCs.  I also have a gas card and store card.  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy smokes!  I thought my 24 in the last two years was bad!  Seriously, though, did I hear wrong when I asked about inquiries?  That factors into not only your new credit part of the score, but also looks kinda nuts when you apply for credit, too, doesn't it?  I'm not baggin' on ya, I'm just genuinely curious.

Message 4 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I started drafting GW letters to remove inquires from my credit reports 12 to the ones reported on TU and 32 to the ones reported on EX reported. I have only 3 on EQ so I think I am ok with EQ. Hopefully the letters should go out in the mail by tomorrow. I want to get these inquires removed so my score would go up. It is lot of letters I need to write tonight.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, that leads me to my next question, then.  I have 24 inquiries over the last 2 years, many for a mortgage and auto, then refinancing an auto.  I'd love to get rid of some of them.

Do GW letters really work for that?  I mean...it was a legit inquiry, I don't know what I'd say other than, "Come on...I wasn't desperate for credit, I was getting a truck...then a house...then refi'd the truck...then started getting credit cards..."  What do you tell them?

Thanks for any help...I've read threads about GW letters, but didn't think it'd work for something like that.
Message 6 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Just for the sake of it, I have sent 2 GW letters last month. One company they have removed it immeadielty and then sent me a very nice lettter. Other company I have not heard of any thing from them nor that inquiry removed. It is always good to keep things clean.

I have my own business and as I am building credit lines for my business some of them pull my personal credit also. That is why I ended up having so many inquires. I want to get them removed and keep my reports clean for the future in case if I need to apply for new credit or purchase real estate. I need to maintain good fico scores.

Due to health problems in 2004 I took a hit. I started building my fico only in July 07. I am in the mid 600's on all three. Hoping to reach 700's or at least high 600's by next march. I have few negatives that need to come out. I am working.

Looking back last 5 months I guess I made good progress. I might take me another 6 months to get every thing back to normal.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.