Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Chase Freedom Card was Closed too .... :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Chase Freedom Card was Closed too .... :(

@wacdenney wrote:

I just got my 6th Chase card in 2014.  I now have 5 total because I closed Amazon after getting my foot in the door.  I have a boatload of INQs also, ranging from 10 on EX to 24 on EQ.  Here's to hoping I survive the slaughter!

10 on EX isn't too bad.. But you're doing this wrong if you have 24 INQ on your EQ. Smiley Wink

Message 51 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry OP! That is terrible! This is making me so paranoid about my Chase cards because of the number of new accounts I've gotten lately....

Message 52 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it begs to be said that you only ever see the posts where cards are closed or severely CLD'd.

How many millions of accounts remain open compared to thousands shut down.

Message 53 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it begs to be said that you only ever see the posts where cards are closed or severely CLD'd.

No doubt it's a small percentage but it sure sucks if you're one of the few

Message 54 of 61
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry OP! That is terrible! This is making so paranoid about my Chase cards because of the number of new accounts I've gotten lately....

As others say, no need for panic yet.  Wait to see if we see lots and lots of reports, because the MyFico population almost certainly app and request CLIs much more than most, so we would expect to see numerous reports here, if there is a general shutdown with wide parameters.

Message 55 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Very true, but I think it's part of human nature to be a little paranoid. The odds of being murdered are extremely narrow, but when you see harrowing news on TV about the latest murder victim, it makes you want to run out and buy a gun for every room in your house. (Not that I'm comparing being murdered to having a CC account closed...just the paranoia part. Smiley Tongue)

Message 56 of 61
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's very similar to the way FR threads used to be around here every day. 

3 FR threads in a week from amex, but tens of thousands of people who WEREN'T getting FR'd. 

Message 57 of 61
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's very similar to the way FR threads used to be around here every day. 

3 FR threads in a week from amex, but tens of thousands of people who WEREN'T getting FR'd. 

Yes, and a few posts about OBC being cancelled, and, um, then nearly everyone was!   OK, slightly different case.

Message 58 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could these topics be related to those who purchase gift cards or some sort to obtain cash back bonus??? Is this the possible reasons of account closures? I can't help but to be EXTREMELY PARANOID.  These topics are all over the forums an growing every day.

Message 59 of 61
Involver
Valued Contributor

Chase would probably dislike 16 accounts opened in 2014. I guess at least I have only 6 INQ to show for them so maybe they'd be okay with it lol.
Message 60 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.